Pictures of the Cheesiest Chit ever!!!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man will that hurt when that thing hits the driver in the back of the head if he ever has a wreck !!!!

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 156487

A powerstroke sitting at the lights this morning.

Don't worry guys that's fine they are meant to do it mine used to read this.There are two emission gases to take care of on a Diesel motor, oxides of nitrogen (NOx) and particulate matter. In the old 6.4L These gases are taken care of two ways. The NOx is reduced in the motor by tuning it to run rich (more fuel less MPG). Running the motor rich creates a lot of particulate matter. The particulate matter is filtered out by a filter in the exhaust system. This filter fills up with particulant and needs to be purged or cleaned. The way the filter is cleaned is by the motor going into regeneration mode (Regen). Regeneration mode it the truck basically spraying diesel fuel into the exhaust system, igniting it and burning the particulant off. Not good stuff if fuel economy is what you want. This process makes sure everything coming out of the exhaust is up to EPA standards, unfortunately it’s at your expense with fuel economy.

Last edited:

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry guys that's fine they are meant to do it mine used to read this.There are two emission gases to take care of on a Diesel motor, oxides of nitrogen (NOx) and particulate matter. In the old 6.4L These gases are taken care of two ways. The NOx is reduced in the motor by tuning it to run rich (more fuel less MPG). Running the motor rich creates a lot of particulate matter. The particulate matter is filtered out by a filter in the exhaust system. This filter fills up with particulant and needs to be purged or cleaned. The way the filter is cleaned is by the motor going into regeneration mode (Regen). Regeneration mode it the truck basically spraying diesel fuel into the exhaust system, igniting it and burning the particulant off. Not good stuff if fuel economy is what you want. This process makes sure everything coming out of the exhaust is up to EPA standards, unfortunately it’s at your expense with fuel economy.

Um........yeah....no. Diesels do NOT smoke when they go into regen and they don't regen in stop and go traffic. That looks like typical egr problem.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine used to smoke when I used to let it idle in the winter sometimes. Also when I was driving I was told it was fine while driving oh well it was a pile of chit anyway glad I got rid of it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370522292.044196.jpg

Gas truck...stacks...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll look through some old pictures...my dad built one out of a '77 Sno-Jet 440 back in '79...I was just a wee lad, but I remember it going like a stuck pig.
i'm thinking bogger is open minded grubby, but you need to do some adjustments. your signature looks like you tried to copy his sign BAD. and your now living at mrs. boggers burger stand. lol post 2849/ pg 285, sorry can't get pic to load.

Last edited:
Top Bottom