Pics from castle area april 16-10

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
We were told the name many years ago by one of the old locals, but never got the story to go with it. It's one of our secret spots, so now we might have to destroy all evidence of this area.;) It's a nice place to play, but very avy prone. Only hit it when conditions are stable. Did you see any bears? Heard they were out in that area this week.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bears but seen some very recent slide activity and many of them were huge.:eek: Did get invited to go back in the area yesterday but with the extremely warm weather we thought it best to just stay out of the area.:beer:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya lots of bears usually back there round this time of year but yes please go back when stable conditions I don't think we got much to worry about people finding it pretty challenging area to find if you don't know exactly were to go

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bears but seen some very recent slide activity and many of them were huge.:eek: Did get invited to go back in the area yesterday but with the extremely warm weather we thought it best to just stay out of the area.:beer:
Wise to stay out when conditions are unstable in that area. Had two buried on tha little hill above the lease years ago.

Don't worry about to many going back there. Not easy to get in to.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were told the name many years ago by one of the old locals, but never got the story to go with it. It's one of our secret spots, so now we might have to destroy all evidence of this area.;) It's a nice place to play, but very avy prone. Only hit it when conditions are stable. Did you see any bears? Heard they were out in that area this week.

Did he have a beard and ride a 900 cat?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes... this was before he rode his 900 cat, but could be the guy I'm referring to
Sounds like the guy I am talking about. His name is Eric B. Beard and glasses, very deep voice and super friendly guy that will guide you around. He knows his way around for sure. Not sure how long ago you talked to him but he was still riding 900 MC a few years ago. Haven't seen him the last few winters since I have been riding in BC and only down at Castle once each year when home to visit family.

hymee

Reaction score
Sounds like the guy I am talking about. His name is Eric B. Beard and glasses, very deep voice and super friendly guy that will guide you around. He knows his way around for sure. Not sure how long ago you talked to him but he was still riding 900 MC a few years ago. Haven't seen him the last few winters since I have been riding in BC and only down at Castle once each year when home to visit family.

Last time I heard he had a M 1000 ,him and his son Mike know every inch of that area.Nice guys.:d

Top Bottom