Phazer MTX

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out in Valemount this past weekend and took the wifey up for her first trip. I borrowed my dads 2008 Phazer Mtx and was wondering if anyone has had any issues with these sleds being really tippy? I had my buddy's wife give it a try aswell and she flopped it!

So if anyone has had this issue and have any ideas on how to fix this little problem. Any help would be awesome!

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I int have much trouble riding it but the biggest issue was the guy who sold my dad the sled was bragging up how awesome it was for a beginer female rider and stuff and my step mom my wife and my buddies wife all have a h#ll of a time keeping it rubber side down. I just thought maybe there is a trick or something to set them up so the dont tip as easy!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my wife has one and my 9 year old daughter has one and they have no trouble yours must be set up differnt

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all the shocks front and rear were turned down as soft as they could go so we stiffened it up a bit and it seamed to help a bit of the body roll but didnt solve the problem. What notch do you have you shocks set on?

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 07 Phazer for half of last season and I hated that thing. It was so dam tippy and I tried all types of suspension adjustments but nothing helped. Track is too narrow and the rider position is too high. Too heavy for 500 cc. No track speed in anything over 12" deep. All the consumer reports I read lead me to believe they were a decent inetrmediate mountian sled........BS! They may be an okay sled for a beginner looking for for back and forth across the prairie field or lake but falls way, way short of being mountain capable. The guy who bought it off me had it up for sale before the end of the season too. I guess what I'm saying is don't waste your time trying to set it up. I did and had no success whatsoever.:beer:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife hated hers because it was tippy as well. I put some Simmons Gen II skis on it and it is more stable, and my wife likes how it handles now.

Last edited:

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the stabilizer bar still in? My brother took to it well, but I could not ride it to save my life. He always described riding it more like a bike than a sled. I just know when he had the stabilizer bar out I constantly rolled the thing when playing. It was not a very predictable feel when pulling it over. My wife felt the same way, yet my brother's girlfriend took to it easily.

The only other difference was that my wife and I have some experience riding, where as my brother and his girlfriend were not experienced.

Everyone is different I guess. This sled is so unique that it brings out those differences.

Dino

Reaction score
Had a 08, installed a set of stiffer springs up front, widen the skis as far out as they can go. Agreed with the statement above about lack of track speed. Sled is helpless in 12 + inches of snow. We also installed a 153 track, the stock track is junk. Bought it for our daughter, she sold it and bought a 800 :eek:

Attachments

• Phazer 153 002.jpg
    Phazer 153 002.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 146

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 08, installed a set of stiffer springs up front, widen the skis as far out as they can go. Agreed with the statement above about lack of track speed. Sled is helpless in 12 + inches of snow. We also installed a 153 track, the stock track is junk. Bought it for our daughter, she sold it and bought a 800 :eek:

yah there was a turbo one on the hill and it was not very impressive either.......a 144 or 155 600 rmk would be a way better option.........and lighter! i thought that the phazer was suppose to be light? it was still super heavy.

felix

Reaction score
i bought an 08 for my son. anyone who rode this sled hated it, i think this may be the worst sled ever built. sold it and bought an m6, this is twice the sled

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Phazer was my first mountain sled and it really is tippy and rides alot like a dirtbike. I think it gets its reputation as "light" when you compare it to the other Yamaha 4-stroke sleds. Being tall, I really liked the tall stance of the seat and it handled alot like my Suzuki 400LTZ quad, which was great when learning. The tippyness actually worked to my advantage on the mountain because I could use it to help steer and turn it instead of having to use my bodyweight (or lack thereof!). Taking the swaybar out however made it WAAAAY too tippy though, so we put it back in. It was a good beginner sled because it had an electric start, never burned oil or gas or belts etc., and maintaining it was a cinch. The Phazer definitely has its fans, and it definitely has its fair share of haters too... it is a fun little sled for the right person :)

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YEah I am thinking the best fix is to sell it! Sledmamma Thanks for the input and everyone else! My wife is about 4' 9" and it was absolutly impossible for her to turn around weather it be on the trail or in the powder. im prolly going to end up with an M6 7 or 8 for her to ride. Thanks again for all the help!!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out in Valemount this past weekend and took the wifey up for her first trip. I borrowed my dads 2008 Phazer Mtx and was wondering if anyone has had any issues with these sleds being really tippy? I had my buddy's wife give it a try aswell and she flopped it!

So if anyone has had this issue and have any ideas on how to fix this little problem. Any help would be awesome!

yep, there all like that, not the best for beginner riders, they are an awesome sled you just have to be aggressive and also aware of the engine braking. as it is quite noticeable on the 500 phazer as opposed to other four strokes...

my wife had one and didnt like it, she rides an m8 now, shes about 112 lbs with gear, yet her sister whos the same size has a mountain phazer and loves it......

so tell the bride not to be too hard on herself.......

T

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats prolly what it will be sold for is around the 6500 mark as it only has 260 kms on it. But I will double check on that for sure!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is 5000 reasonable for a 2007 Phazer MTX with 1400km

I'm selling one for $7500 with an MCEXpress Turbo and lots of little extras- track extension, BetterBoards, Lefty's Throttle, etc., etc., It is an '07 with about 2300kms on it.

Top Bottom