Parts list to have on hand for the Ski Doo 850 Turbo

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m curious what small parts you guys and gals think should be in the tunnel bag in addition to the usuals for these factory turbos, and at that not just because it’s a Turbo. I’m not asking for duct tape and zippy straps, but the actual dealer parts, nuts and bolts type thing. I remember seeing somewhere that a guy needed a bolt or something in VTown and SM had one I believe, so it sparked this question.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carry a spare small circlip for the waste gate rod that apparently can go missing sometimes. Debating whether to carry an extra set of plugs as not sure how you even get to the plugs on the new turbo's if you ever had to change them?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A person is a fool if one looks the other way if there is documented problems and doesn't address them somewhat when you go in the backcountry in my opinion. Why take the chance for a 40 cent circlip or a 10 cent wrap of teflon tape on the rad reservoir threads?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard guys losing the reservoir caps. The small one on the side. Maybe a good idea to Cary a spare, apparently Advil bottle cap works too lol. I would also Cary a spare brake lever, 2 plugs, and even a plug wire. Ya just never know. Other than that there isn’t really anything turbo specific that you could Cary with you that would fail. These new sleds are pretty good and also complex so what you can fix on the hill is limited.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carry a brake lever now as well after I broke mine a couple years ago. You don't think you use brakes much but they sure come in handy on long downhill toboggan runs.

Reactions: H-D

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spare parks... really!? you have bought a quality product.

i carry nothing for parts besides a spare belt. 2000km and still on the original shipped with the sled.

you will need to carry gas though, totally brutal!

I had to change my plugs on my turbo with 7miles on it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol well you know. just had to say it.

I belive plugs that early could just be the dealer setiup and over oiling a motor on startup command
I may be wrong but I doubt it. I am under the impression that the pumps are factory set so not sure how they could be over oiling in comparison to other dealerships. Maybe they added oil to the gas? I doubt a dealership like Riderz would do that though. Probably one of the highest rated dealers in western Canada.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol well you know. just had to say it.

I belive plugs that early could just be the dealer setiup and over oiling a motor on startup command

Nothing to do with the dealership setup. I know of two sled that blew coils under 20miles as well. Ive seen brand new faulty plugs before, its rare, but it happens.

The first tank of gas always burns twice the oil anyway, and no oil was added to the gas.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven’t fouled any yet, actually not since the inception of the etec in 2011 knock on wood. But I have heard of others fouling plugs so good idea to Cary spares

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a turbo but have an etec. the number one thing I have seen in our group go bad is broke off spark plug wires. Carry one in the glove box and have used it three times on the hill.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out with a few on the weekend, threw a leg over one again, quick spool and light skis.. quickly felt

Owners said biggest draw backs is fuel and oil..

Guys need to tune done oil in budds or candoo.. easy fix

The one yellow sled was so covered in black smoke dust, that you were covered in it, far back as rear tunnel and rails..
c04dd5515fc745ede5103133a6e3ac9a.jpg

Both said they ran well, sharp driver attack angle was seen quickly

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out with a few on the weekend, threw a leg over one again, quick spool and light skis.. quickly felt

Owners said biggest draw backs is fuel and oil..

Guys need to tune done oil in budds or candoo.. easy fix

The one yellow sled was so covered in black smoke dust, that you were covered in it, far back as rear tunnel and rails.. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210322/c04dd5515fc745ede5103133a6e3ac9a.jpg
Both said they ran well, sharp driver attack angle was seen quickly

has it blown up? dont fawk with the oil system then lol

the back smoke dust is very bad on the yellow machines. but its no worse than any other 850 just shows up more on the yellow

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carrying parts, hahaha, it's been a while but i do remember those days....LOL.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, been stuck too many times in too many places for nickel and dime parts. Have always carried a small assortment of metric nuts, bolts, and washers. Same goes for a rear idler wheel. Had to replace those 3 different times. Kinda screwed on a 2 wheel Axle if a wheel cracks

Top Bottom