Part Out or Sell Whole?

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rencently blew my motor in my 04 800 Rev Summit Highmark Extreme and found a 04 Summit 800 for the motor. The sled had hit a rock and sustained some damge to the nuun and bulkhead.
Should I sell it to someone who can fix it or should I part it out?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC02606.jpg
    DSC02606.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC02615.jpg
    DSC02615.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC02633.jpg
    DSC02633.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 433

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
04, no engine....you should get $4000.00 for it. Thats what the market says...:rolleyes:

part it out, get whatever you can for the parts. see if one of the salvage places want it?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you end up parting it out, I would be very interseted. In a "As is, Where is" deal.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
If you end up parting it out, I would be very interseted. In a "As is, Where is" deal.

X2, next in line, i have an 04 and would take it as is for spare parts. If all others back out please let me know....very interested. Send me a PM. Thanks.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
4000$$ really Tab...lol a bent chassis with all parts is only worth its weight in scrap..imo
are the shocks bent?
is the skid damaged?
what does the drive shaft look like?
is the track ok?
is the bulkhead bent beyond repair?
is all the electronics there for a drop in engine
does it include carbs and exhaust piping
how many km on chassis

tunnel bulkhead from brp---2100$
used engine---1500 if your really lucky
plus the 20 hrs of labor for a trained tech
so get you pencils

2100+1500+20hrs @ 95$/hr=5500$ for a sled that may not even ride very nice because every other part is bent or worn out. and this is a sled you would offer as is where is.. imo and experience this is a sled for the junk yard. there is no real usable part other than the throttle and maybe the lightbulb behind the brake light..

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To repair that sled chassis... I would say a weekend of work, and a 6 hundred in parts.
To put a whole new NEW motor in, you are looking at 2300 plus your time/

To sell the sled all fixed up you would get 4500 to 5g's... lotsa sleds on the market.

The chassis behind the nun looks ok.

I would part it out. I had a perfectly good chassis, and blew the motor on my 05, and wished I would have parted it out.

It was a hard sell, until the right buyer came by. actually the first guy who saw it bought it and still rides it. I see him every now and then and he loves the thing ... Wish I never sold it.

Part it out. You can't lose.. if you have the time/

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This machine is missing a front left shock only because it bent. Everything else looks really good and there is only 1900miles on the sled. If I do not sell it I guess it will be a summer project and I will slap the girl friends 03 800 in it.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
This machine is missing a front left shock only because it bent. Everything else looks really good and there is only 1900miles on the sled. If I do not sell it I guess it will be a summer project and I will slap the girl friends 03 800 in it.

i need a tunnel bulk head.. and front plastic, what are you looking for out of it.. i know of a few peeps who would take it right away..

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO...... i was being sarcastic.

I said that because i have seen another sled with a mill that chit the bed, dude wants 4G for the roller.......4 large for the roller, 2300 for a short block.... 6500.00 all said and done....

Silly how much people want for what it really is. 08 XP's selling for 7500.00, custom built turbos for 10 grand and people still want top dollar for broke sleds.

anyway.... JUST My Opinon.....

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO...... i was being sarcastic.

I said that because i have seen another sled with a mill that chit the bed, dude wants 4G for the roller.......4 large for the roller, 2300 for a short block.... 6500.00 all said and done....

Silly how much people want for what it really is. 08 XP's selling for 7500.00, custom built turbos for 10 grand and people still want top dollar for broke sleds.

anyway.... JUST My Opinon.....

I know the one you're referring to, total joke he'll never get $4k.

and dont panic you will sell it. i know of three people right away

I hope you're thinking of me in that mix.

Very interested in complete ride. PM me....please.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if anyone noticed but that chassis is a totall writeoff including what looks like one complete side for suspension parts.

worth 1000 in odds and enns i would guess

Top Bottom