p oed

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rant: Just had a very unpleasant ending to a good day of sledding. My family and I had another enjoyable day sledding out at Wizard Lake when we were getting ready to load up for the day my wife and mother in law went for one last boot around the lake, so me and dad in law backed up my truck to a drift to load the summit when she got back when all of a sudden two idiots come up on the ski doos and start doing doughnuts spraying my dad with rocks and snow then take off behind my truck and start taunting my dad again. My father in law went to grab the guy but he just pinned his sled and sent my father in law flying. Of course when I got out they just took off like the cowards they are. I felt so angry!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Agreed, spineless little twerps that rely on taunting people who they feel can not defened themsleves...bet if your Father in law had grabbed one thier opinions would have changed.
It's a shame another group of sledder were not close enough to catch these guys. They are the ones giving the sport a bad name, not us!
Sorry to hear about your Father in law's bad ending to the day.

:rant: Just had a very unpleasant ending to a good day of sledding. My family and I had another enjoyable day sledding out at Wizard Lake when we were getting ready to load up for the day my wife and mother in law went for one last boot around the lake, so me and dad in law backed up my truck to a drift to load the summit when she got back when all of a sudden two idiots come up on the ski doos and start doing doughnuts spraying my dad with rocks and snow then take off behind my truck and start taunting my dad again. My father in law went to grab the guy but he just pinned his sled and sent my father in law flying. Of course when I got out they just took off like the cowards they are. I felt so angry!

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All fired up!

Ya, I don't blame you. I am angry just hearing about it. :mad: :realmad: :rant:

I would report that one. That type of activity is border line criminal and RCMP will take it pretty serous. Actually it probably is criminal (clearly criminal endangerment - from your story). We need to get people like this off their sleds. I would not worry too much about the back lash of your potential illegal riding as long as you were licenses and insured. RCMP are not as interested in punishing harmless trespassers but they do have a big interest and responsibility for disrespectful and criminal riders and this sounds like a couple of em. Worst of worst from your story.

The problem with this kind of stuff is it makes me dream about wanting to harm these guys in this situation and then I will be the one looking at criminal charges. Engaging self control.....

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Police

I agree, this is worth reporting to the police. It may not be the first time this has happened.

Ya, I don't blame you. I am angry just hearing about it. :mad: :realmad: :rant:

I would report that one. That type of activity is border line criminal and RCMP will take it pretty serous. Actually it probably is criminal (clearly criminal endangerment - from your story). We need to get people like this off their sleds. I would not worry too much about the back lash of your potential illegal riding as long as you were licenses and insured. RCMP are not as interested in punishing harmless trespassers but they do have a big interest and responsibility for disrespectful and criminal riders and this sounds like a couple of em. Worst of worst from your story.

The problem with this kind of stuff is it makes me dream about wanting to harm these guys in this situation and then I will be the one looking at criminal charges. Engaging self control.....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Possible Repercussions??

If Reported To The Police, They're Attitude Might Be - "oh, Another Sledders Incident", And It Just Makes Us All Look Bad. If No Damage And No Bodily Injury, Then Maybe Best Left Alone. Its A "catch 22".
If You Are Going To Report This, Then Try And Report This To Constable Corfield Directly(he's The Rcmp Constable On Sleds In Strathcona County) -- He Could Possibly Pass This Onto The Wetaskiwin/leduc Detachments To The Correct Constable In Charge, Unless Anyone Knows Who The Constable In Wetaskiwin/leduc Is?? Just A Thought.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Reported To The Police, They're Attitude Might Be - "oh, Another Sledders Incident", And It Just Makes Us All Look Bad. If No Damage And No Bodily Injury, Then Maybe Best Left Alone. Its A "catch 22".
If You Are Going To Report This, Then Try And Report This To Constable Corfield Directly(he's The Rcmp Constable On Sleds In Strathcona County) -- He Could Possibly Pass This Onto The Wetaskiwin/leduc Detachments To The Correct Constable In Charge, Unless Anyone Knows Who The Constable In Wetaskiwin/leduc Is?? Just A Thought.

From my own conversations I have had with the RCMP inforcing sledding activities, they have a pretty good idea about what goes on. They know that 90% of riders are harmless familiy people and that a few are ruining it for us. And these few are the one's doing real damage with is of big concern to them. It's not the sled its the person on it and they know that. They are not out to get ever sledder out there.

I have spoken with RCMP Const. Krull (sp?) in leduc, he seams like a nice guy and is for sure not anti-sledding. He is one of the const. in charge of sledding clean up. When he called me and asked me to RAT out sledders that were doing real damage, I think this is what he was taking about. Of course I can't rat them out cause I don't know who they are, but Rider38 you might be able to help them.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I just found out today too that a few people are causing hell for us out on our trails, ie chasing the farmers horses. cutting fences to get in, opening gates, and chasing the horses. The farmer has moved the horses to another corral but obviously is not very happy about this incident. Its going to take every man woman and child out there banding together to get these issues to stop.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of creeps and punks...a blown belt would have been perfect at that moment.

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would probably reconize them only if I saw them up close with the same vehicle and trailer but who knows.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya know,it just makes me sick to hear stories like this one.Like was said in an earlier post ,90% of the riders out there are law abiding ,respectful people.Stories like this just make us all look like the problem.We all know the public would paint us all with same brush.I really can't wait for the day (no matter how unrealistic it is),that no one has a story to tell,except about how much fun we all had.:rant:
I think I've done enough ranting for now

BigDog67

Top Bottom