over all length

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wanted to know if any of you have pulled boats or what not be hind 5th wheel trailers over 65ft, and if any trouble with the LAW boys:confused:

800RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what I pull, total length: 71' 2"...:eek: Haven't been stopped yet :d **knock-on-wood** lol

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from front of truck to back of boat im looking at 81 feet,would you just get a fine or wouldthey make un hook the boat:nono:

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
81 feet is pushing it. Not sure what situation you would have to be in for them to check the length, but 6 feet over the limit and 16 feet over the limit are pretty big differences... expect someone to notice.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love those land trains, but if I had one I would want to be in BC and ya cant take them there!
nice set up man.

as it goes for taking your Boat, yes they definately could but ya never know depends on the officer and situation. they can actualy take the boat, truck, and RV if they wanted too!
although they should probably sopend more time looking at commercial trucks because at any given time my bet would be 1 in 2 would fail a proper inspection and driving habits like covering the load, etc...

800RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
81 feet is pushing it. Not sure what situation you would have to be in for them to check the length, but 6 feet over the limit and 16 feet over the limit are pretty big differences... expect someone to notice.

Agreed. That is wayyyy over the legal limit :eek:. I thought I was pushing the limit but that is a little crazy. :d Tohigh what kind of trailer and boat do you have? I think if you get stopped (me too), you would end up with a ticket and have to unhook 1 trailer on the side of the road which would really suck :(. I always carry locks for both trailer hitches in case I do have to leave 1 trailer behind and come back for it.

ROBO

Reaction score
Gentleman,
I pull tandem as well. There is a safety reason behind overall length and weights. While you may still be able to pull @110 you could never stop or swerve in a near miss situation. You're only making the big rig truckers look good (not to be rude). The road cops and DOT will eventually start checking & fining RV users who are over length and weight after there are enough accidents. Hope you're not one of them.

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard this for years but is there any truth that Alberta is going to ban the b train style of towing R.V s next year?

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have to wonder what your insurance would do for you when they found out you were over the max length if you ever had a accident.

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no we ended up taking two the truck and her jeep

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe max lenght in AB is 83 feet. height is 13.6 ft and width is 8.5 or 8.6 ft not including mirrors. u can pull tandem axle 5th wheel and tandem boat or tri axle 5th wheel and tandem boat. ur boat cant have more wheels or be heavier than the lead trailer. just food for thought.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
atleast thats wat it is for semi's. i drive truck and im assuming rv's would have the same rules. and a 5th wheel and boat is not a B-train. its called A-train. B-train is both trailers attached by 5th wheels. lol

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
atleast thats wat it is for semi's. i drive truck and im assuming rv's would have the same rules. and a 5th wheel and boat is not a B-train. its called A-train. B-train is both trailers attached by 5th wheels. lol

no different rule for rv , different for each province as well

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chances of being stopped very rare , used to pull a 17' boat behind my 26' travel trailer behind my 03 f350 = 76 feet , just drove accordingly :nono:

Top Bottom