over all length

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year i boughta new 30 ft travel trailer that i pulled behind a reg cab shortbox gmc and then a seadoo behind that. haha i made it thro the whole summer without the cops or DOT seeing me. i prolly wont do it this year. talk about illegal.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year i boughta new 30 ft travel trailer that i pulled behind a reg cab shortbox gmc and then a seadoo behind that. haha i made it thro the whole summer without the cops or DOT seeing me. i prolly wont do it this year. talk about illegal.

giver til u get a warning:d

Ford01

Reaction score
The rules are not the same for semi's and rv's this set up is only good for 65 Feet and the lead trailer has to weigh more then the back trailer.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say that 6 feet over is not a big deal but 16......wow that is a little to much, I'm also buying a 5th wheel so i can pull my boat behind, i will have to get a 24-25-26 footer as my boat trailer is over 23 feet long, it's gonna be sweet. Well back to the question I know a few RCMP members and not one of them know the regulations and they would bet me that not one guy in the detachment would know either, being a little over wouldn't be a big deal IMO.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a limit set by DOT, 20M or 65.616' anything over and you takes your chances and there is no warning just a fine and YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHAT TO LEAVE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND COME BACK FOR LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(your wife does'nt count) Don't guess and be sorry later...check the regs!!!!

Top Bottom