Outlander Clutch Noise

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Outlander is making a noise that I do not like haha. It's making a squeaking noise when it is in P, N, or when you are going really slow speeds. It starts making this noise once it is warmed up. I understand they do make a humming noise, but it is too excessive for me. I found a video on youtube of what it is similar to (not my quad, but it makes it around the 25 second mark).

Can Am 650 helix on 800 Outy - YouTube

I had it in at the dealer to take a look and they said everything was fine. They greased the one-way bearing and sent me on my way.

This noise is driving me crazy - any ideas??

Last edited:

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that the new Can Am belts are noisy. Mine is a little noisy. I do think though, that I would look at your one way bearing again or you have a bad belt.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be your belt deflection is to tight. Is your quad snorkeled? Cause a crazy amount of noise comes from the snorkels.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Neil is right you are getting all the noise from your cvt amplified coming right at you. I know my belt chirps every once in a while and if I give it a rev it usually shuts it up. I know my belt cover rubs occasionally as it got kind of melted when my intake of my snorkle was plugged causing the belt to disintegrate. I didn't hear anything untoward when you pulled the wheelie.

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. Think I'll start with a new belt and go from there.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are your clutches stock? Make sure you clean everything very good including your belt and check your one way bearing again. Who did you have service your one way, did they use the right grease?

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything is stock. It was the local dealership that serviced it - I would hope they used the right grease lol.

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think your just suffering from the can am fever, meaning you pay so much for them that one get paranoid with every little noise. i have alot of friends like that. they ll stop in the middle of a trail chasing a noise. I SAY dont worry about if the mechanics say its good its fine. and dont change the belt until its need changing, just a waste money.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome to stock can am clutching, i think almost everyones makes that noise, dont worry about it :). Unless you get aftermarket clutches you should get used to it haha

trailrider2

Reaction score
My Outlander is making a noise that I do not like haha. It's making a squeaking noise when it is in P, N, or when you are going really slow speeds. It starts making this noise once it is warmed up. I understand they do make a humming noise, but it is too excessive for me. I found a video on youtube of what it is similar to (not my quad, but it makes it around the 25 second mark).

Can Am 650 helix on 800 Outy - YouTube

I had it in at the dealer to take a look and they said everything was fine. They greased the one-way bearing and sent me on my way.

This noise is driving me crazy - any ideas??

Mine is doing the same thing since I took it off the showroom floor - 250 miles on it now. I called Can Am and they said it was not normal. I also drove anotherone like it and it did not make the noise. Can Am notified the dealer and the dealer said they would fix it. But if for some reason they can not, I'm going to trade it in as it's driving me nuts and its embarrassing.

extreme

Reaction score
just took mine in cause its making a noise in p ,n and slow speeds its the weight bearing are wore out there is 6 of them the noise is gone it was a cheap fix and they gave the old one back to show the difference from a new on to a old one

Top Bottom