Online safety courses

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a 2nd year electrical apprentice doing service (residential/commercial) in town right now, but id like to get a camp job to get more experience in the industrial field. I have my OFA level 1, TDG and just got my CSTS. Most companies I have seen require fall protection and h2s alive, what is a good/trustworthy website where I could do these courses online?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had to take my Fall protection course at a facility, I doubt you can do either of these (including h2s) online and receive a certificate.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, I found this website off google; H2S Awareness WorksiteSafety.ca Canadian Safety Certification
However, Im a bit skeptical when it comes to buying stuff off the intraweb. I'll phone the local training centres tomorrow and see if its possible to take these courses online.

Just thought id see if anyone on here has done the courses online.

Now to my next question, whos looking for a 2nd year apprentice :eyebrows:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be tough to learn how to put on a mask and set up online. Better to learn properly then trying to do it half assed online

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both courses you mention have a practical element to them. Hard to Don an SCBA online

Last edited:

JAD

Reaction score
Fall protection requires you to put the harness on and hang from the tripod so it needs to be in class

H2s alive is also classroom only I'm 99.9% sure. Anyone can make an online h2s course but it's no good to you if your employer or client doesn't accept it

Sent from my iPhone using

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That makes sense, I found this website off google; H2S Awareness WorksiteSafety.ca Canadian Safety Certification
However, Im a bit skeptical when it comes to buying stuff off the intraweb. I'll phone the local training centres tomorrow and see if its possible to take these courses online.

Just thought id see if anyone on here has done the courses online.

Now to my next question, whos looking for a 2nd year apprentice :eyebrows:
H2S coarse is a attended one you have to put on a air pack on.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"H2s awareness " online is not the same as "H2S alive " which is the classroom course with the practical portion.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Top Bottom