One might say.....

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most tunes leave a footprint though

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

shitty.... we tuned the lil bro's 2010 Camaro... right before a warranty oil change we detuned it...... no one was the wiser....

hell even the goodwrench mechanics told us thats what we should do lol

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you tune it, and then detune it before bringing it to the shop you're golden!

Silverados keep a log of all the chips and programs. Got busted for having an edge chip when I went in for warranty work. They told me to loose it and I can keep warranty. Hasn't been chipped since.

Sent from my white iPhone 4

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silverados keep a log of all the chips and programs. Got busted for having an edge chip when I went in for warranty work. They told me to loose it and I can keep warranty. Hasn't been chipped since.

Yeah so does the RAM. But I'm about 100000 km and 3 years beyond warranty. So if it blows I'll just put a bigger engine in it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why you DONT use a NEW chip.... you can REPROGRAM your existing one....
but if that gets logged than you're SOL... all i know the 'maro went in and came back scottfree
thats what i mean by tune/detune

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why you DONT use a NEW chip.... you can REPROGRAM your existing one....
but if that gets logged than you're SOL... all i know the 'maro went in and came back scottfree
thats what i mean by tune/detune

Nope, last time I did that Onstar e-mailed me and said an aftermarket device was plugged into my vehicles diagnostic port. That gets relayed to any dealer if they look it up for warranty.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, last time I did that Onstar e-mailed me and said an aftermarket device was plugged into my vehicles diagnostic port. That gets relayed to any dealer if they look it up for warranty.

pfffff onstar.... unplug the b*tch lol

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pfffff onstar.... unplug the b*tch lol

Naahhh. Kinda handy, they give me directions and unlock and start my truck from my phone. I just gotta call 1-888-4-onstar.

Heck, if I push my blue button I can enter for a chance to win a Chevy/GMC/Cadillac or Buick of my choice!

"Hi, Onstar? I'll take that new ZL-1 please..."

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Naahhh. Kinda handy, they give me directions and unlock and start my truck from my phone. I just gotta call 1-888-4-onstar.

Heck, if I push my blue button I can enter for a chance to win a Chevy/GMC/Cadillac or Buick of my choice!

i'm sure theres a rule you cant go over a certain dollar figure or something

but ya the ZL-1.... or the ZR-1....MMMMMmmmmm

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

had the exact same problem with my 08 duramax

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ZL-1? Why would you want such an old one? I agree with who_dat on this one. ZR-1 is the way to go.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ZL-1? Why would you want such an old one? I agree with who_dat on this one. ZR-1 is the way to go.

The new Camaro ZL-1...... 2010 baby!

2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Official Photos and Info: Chevy Camaro News

2012_chevrolet_camaro-zl1.jpg

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd drive it... After all, I'm S&M's official Chevy driver.

After a little custom tuning I could have that thing pushing 650RWHP and over 700FTLBS of torque with the addition of a Monster sticker positioned ever so properly on the back window.

It worked for my truck.... The Vortec's a Hemi killer now with that sticker!!! :d:beer:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd drive it... After all, I'm S&M's official Chevy driver.

After a little custom tuning I could have that thing pushing 650RWHP and over 700FTLBS of torque with the addition of a Monster sticker positioned ever so properly on the back window.

It worked for my truck.... The Vortec's a Hemi killer now with that sticker!!! :d:beer:

what makes you the official chevy driver? I own 3 chevs at the moment.

Top Bottom