Olympics crash

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a link here,.. I had to install Microsoft Silverlight to view it. Man,.. how brutal,.. I hope they put some padding up to cover those pillars after this horrific crash.

Video from the 2010 Winter Olympics - CTV Olympics

padding...............think they need to put up barriers..........my heart goes out to his family, friends, team mates and all the Olympians that had to experience this tragedy

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
padding...............think they need to put up barriers..........my heart goes out to his family, friends, team mates and all the Olympians that had to experience this tragedy

I meant barriers, than run along to prevent going outside of the track

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Official IOC Comment:

It is with great regret that we confirm the death of the Georgian luge athlete, Nodar Kumaritashvili, during the final training session at the Whistler Sliding Centre, this morning.

Mr Kumaritashvili died after crashing on the last corner of the course during training. Doctors were unable to revive the athlete, who died in hospital.

“Our first thoughts are with the family, friends and colleagues of the athlete. The whole Olympic Family is struck by this tragedy, which clearly casts a shadow over these Games”, said the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Jacques Rogge.

“We are deeply struck by this tragedy and join the IOC in extending our condolences to the family, friends and teammates of this athlete, who came to Vancouver to follow his Olympic dream”, said John Furlong, the CEO of VANOC, the Games Organising Committee.

For the International Luge Federation, President Josef Fendt said: “This is a terrible accident. This is the gravest thing that can happen in sport, and our thoughts and those of the ‘luge family’, are naturally with those touched by this event.”

An investigation is underway into the circumstances of the accident. Training was suspended and technical officials are now trying to establish the causes.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that video is still available. Kind of disturbing to watch.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deepest sympaties to family and friends of the fallen. Sends a shiver. :(

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They just played the video on the CTV news. I cant believe they would show that graphic of a video of somebody losing their life on the news. Not very classy IMO, that young man died right there and all they care about is ratings. Its one thing to look up the video on line, but prime time television is crossing the line.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Very tragic.....

We should all heed how speed can influence ones life when things go wrong.

My sincere condolences....

We all have power with our sleds. Just know when to shut it down or bail.....

I think we have had enough senseless accidents for one season....

LIVE LONG,,, BE SAFE!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They just played the video on the CTV news. I cant believe they would show that graphic of a video of somebody losing their life on the news. Not very classy IMO, that young man died right there and all they care about is ratings. Its one thing to look up the video on line, but prime time television is crossing the line.

I agree. I was thinkin the same thing. Pretty graphic for prime time. Word is this is the fastest track ever seen at an Olympics. Speeds over 90 mph are being reached. That is a brutal impact. Sympathies to the family, friends and team mates of the deceased Olympian. :(

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
omg, they still broad casted that , wow i guess ratings are worth more than a mans life , news my ass its all about the ratings , i feel sorry for the team mates and country men that had to find out threw the new so sad

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Horrible...absolutely horrible.

Condolences to all......

Top Bottom