Olympics crash

94fordguy

My condolences to the family... R.I.P. :(

Please be careful out there people, anything can happen in a split second.:(

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to everyone that knew him. I can't believe they have steel pillars right there. You would think they would have clear lexan walls or something to guard against something like that.

Someone will have to be held responsible.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to everyone that knew him. I can't believe they have steel pillars right there. You would think they would have clear lexan walls or something to guard against something like that.

Someone will have to be held responsible.

yeah and did you here the ringing noise that pillar makes right after impact. just grusome should not be aloud on tv i cant believe it.:nono:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very sad event.My condolences to the friends and family of Nodar Kumaritashvili. Out of respect to the family these video clips should not be U tube material. It is how ever something that everyone should have the opportunity to see. As morbid as it seems it gives us all an opportunity to see just how fragile our lives are. Live life to the fullest and for you no not what tomorrow bring. I am sure that is the mantra that Nodar lived by. RIP Nodar.

goonski

Reaction score
What a terrible crash! According to sympatico.ca, a barrier has been installed and his coach is quoted that the accident was driver error, reguardless, a terrible thing to happen.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a terrible crash! According to sympatico.ca, a barrier has been installed and his coach is quoted that the accident was driver error, reguardless, a terrible thing to happen.

driver error? just how do you control them things. I thought that you get on and hope for the best. Sorry not trying to be funny here. just curious as to how one would control that thing.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that I've done it, but my understanding is they use their legs to push on the ski's to steer. I'm sure there's also a little weight transfer involved as well. I would definitely be a get on and hope for the best guy myself. lol.

goonski

Reaction score
I agree totally with sledjed, i believe you use your leg to steer with some weight transfer as well, again I would be one of the ones thats just hoping for the best!

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you do use your legs to steer. It's a dumb sport...if you can call it a sport at all. They should ban luge from the olympics, and bring in sno cross. That's more of a sport. Luge is not a talent. I feel bad for this guy, and his family that this kind of incident had to happen.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you do use your legs to steer. It's a dumb sport...if you can call it a sport at all. They should ban luge from the olympics, and bring in sno cross. That's more of a sport. Luge is not a talent. I feel bad for this guy, and his family that this kind of incident had to happen.

How many times have you tried the luge?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually luge looks like a pretty intense sport. and the driver is responsible for the majority of the actions of his sled. for example with this fellow who passed away, they said he came into the turn wrong. if you watch the grusome video, you can clearly see this. if the driver did not control the sled then wouldnt it technically be a competion between sleds and not athletes? might as well put a certain wheight on the sled and send er down and see which one gets to the bottom first. this isnt the case. luge is a legitemit sport with huge risks. then again any sport where your doing 140km/h with minimal protection is dangerous.

Top Bottom