Old hockey pool --- finished

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Hockey Pool

I,m in, though I do like a 1 trade a month idea and then 1 a week at playoffs. But i.m in whatever the rules are. I draft the Hamilton Coyote's

Last edited:

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm in. Gotta get there to get a team picked. We use officepools for our other pool too but that one we pick our teams from packs of hockey cards.
We have trades at the trade deadline, usually 3 players.

Hopefully you can keep people active in it all season. Quite often when your team starts to suck people fade out. Good to have trades to keep everyone involved the whole season.

Good luck!!
Thanks for taking this on zduck.

zduck14

Reaction score

Seems like most people here want to have trades included, so we'll go with 2 trades allowed but they must be used before the trade deadline. If you'd like to trade a player let me know and I will change it for you. The trade must also be for a player in the same group as the player you are dropping.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think I'm going to make it fairly simple and have everyone pick players from a box list. Just choose one player from each box and I'll enter the teams into the site and then let you know which site and the username and password and all that.

We'll use officepools.com

When you go to the site, click on tools (top right corner beside news and help)

Then click on Box Pool (download the PDF) and select one player from each box.

Then PM me with your lists and I will enter the teams.

Anyone wanting to join must submit their lists to me no later than Oct 10th.

Points will be awarded as follows:

Players:
goal=1
assist=1
PIM=1
PP goal=1 bonus
SH goal=1 bonus
Shootout winner=1 bonus

Goalies
win=1
shutout=2 bonus
assist=1
OT win=1 bonus
OT shutout=2 bonus

This is what zduck posted...there's also the rookie list posted on this thread in addition to the standard ones on officepools.com. I was just there and printed off my list, so you can do that anytime and give it to zduck. He'll give us further info when it's all entered and ready to use.
Hope that helps. :)

zduck14

Reaction score

I found a new free site that seems a lot more interesting. You get to select a team while keeping your players within a salary cap and each owner can make up to 5 trades per month. The only in depth part of it is selecting your team to begin with.

The website is en.pooltopnet.com you guys should check it out and let me know what you think. I'll create a group just for people on this site and we also compete against thousands of others at the same time. I just thought that having to do a little more with your team would keep everyone interested all year.

zduck14

Reaction score

To set this up, just fill in your info to get your membership (free and not much info needed) then log in and select your players for your team, then click join group on the left side and type in "rmk". It will tell you that you've joined the "snowandmud" group. Don't wait til after the season starts though as you only get points for the players for the time they're on your roster.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lots of changes through this post. When is the final decision on what the pool is going to look like happen?

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Frigg Man...I've been picking my team from the list on officepools...now gotta do it again. No worries :) but is this final option the one we're going with? Maybe make a final post with the final plan so there's no confused peeps.:beer:

zduck14

Reaction score

Sorry to change it guys. I just found this site the other day and I just thought it seemed more interesting. I think I'd rather use this last one as it makes for a little more of a challenge for everyone and keeps everyone interested in their pool as trades can be made up to 5 times a month.

Once again the website is en.pooltopnet.com and it is very easy and straight forward to set up your team.

Yes I will post the updated standings in here for anyone that wants. Probably weekly, like every Saturday or Sunday or something.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

zduck i couln't pick any players??? how do i do this again, thanks!!!

zduck14

Reaction score

site: en.pooltopnet.com

sign in for free with your username and password.

go to "your draft" on the left hand side and then select your players by clicking on the "hired" button next to the player. Player's salaries on your team must not total any more than the salary cap (56.8 million)

Next, click on "join a group" on the left side and type in "rmk" in the group code.

You have until midnight on October 10th to submit our team.

Top Bottom