oil in air box

wolfer

Reaction score
:confused:Just pulled my airbox on my 07 m8 and found it soaked with oil. I know I have been burning a little rich but is this normal?

snowbuster

Reaction score
I had oil in airbox and throttle bodies as well, apparently there is small check valves in the throttle bodies where the oil lines connect , and when they get stuck or don't close properly you burn more oil and run a little rich. I had bad bogging until the machine warmed up and then was fine. After the repair was done it seemed to run better.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused:Just pulled my airbox on my 07 m8 and found it soaked with oil. I know I have been burning a little rich but is this normal?
Some oil is normal due to "spitback" as the reeds open and close. If this is the first time you've pulled the airbox off in a season, there will be a bunch of oil in it. If this is after a couple rides, start looking for answers (oil pump adjustment, leaking one-way valve, etc. I doubt it's a leaking check valve, as the oil tank would have drained over summer.

wolfer

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, Sled runs strong, but the exhaust sure makes a mess of the ski after a day of riding. I will measure my oil ratio as soon as I can get out.

Top Bottom