Oil fans silent????

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumors abound that the canucks were a possible move to quebec, hamilton or even winnipeg......... Afterall, they lost the grizzly's basketball team, so who out there cares about the canucks anyway? It was a team that was rumored in the papers....... Jus' sayin'................

Thankfully our Italian owners are swimming in cash so no fear. They also have a current arena which they own that is booked 100+ nights each year for stuff other then hockey. How's that new arena in Coilerville going? ....Had 2 go there did'nt ya.....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thankfully our italian owners are swimming in cash so no fear. They also have a current arena which they own that is booked 100+ nights each year for stuff other then hockey. How's that new arena in coilerville going? ....had 2 go there did'nt ya.....

i did, because they said they didn't need the canucks to sustain that arena......... Jus' sayin' what the papers said........;)

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the oilers will be okay with there billionaire owner aswell....I think he is jewish...so that should ensure profitability.:twocents::smiliestirthepot:What does the jews cheer at the football game? GET THE QUARTER BACK!!:woohoo1::hi:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last article i read had the flames moving. Grizzlies left because no one went to the games. I remember have court side tickets for $15, they were a joke so the owners shiped them out to make room for other things like nuck play offs and concerts. who watches basket ball anyway. Having jewish owners could work for or against you. they could see a loosing team as profitable tax write off and keep it around or try and sell well it still has value. I have a hard time believing in today's market that the NHL would allow a canadian team to leave its barn, especially Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats true ...the nhl doesnt seem to keen on moveing phenix even though they probabley should move em back to winterpeg

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like Phoniex is staying put but there is talk of Atlanta moving.How about Florida that team can't be making any money and they have no up side for the future....

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phoenix is actually starting to turn a profit after last years little. With they way the American real estate market is and the amount of hockey loving Canadians buying south of the border its going to be hard to move any team to any place. Especially after the last CBA where the teams with $$$ have to support those without.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pho. is starting to make some money i would love to see that.If they did make any money it was because of the couple playoff games they had.When Balsille was trying to get Pho. TSN reported that since the Jets left to Pho. 10yrs ago the team has lost $250mill..

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pho. is starting to make some money i would love to see that.If they did make any money it was because of the couple playoff games they had.When Balsille was trying to get Pho. TSN reported that since the Jets left to Pho. 10yrs ago the team has lost $250mill..

No-one will ever be allowed to move a team to a city that will horn in on the Toronto Maple Leafs "Market area" They make too much money for the NHL.
So much for the myth of Free Market Capitalism.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I almost felt bad walking out of Rexall on Tuesday night; my son and I both wearing our Red Wings jerseys. The roof nearly came off when the Oil tied it up...........................then.........................the crushing blows of defeat were dealt by Big Burt and the Helmster when it came down to crunchtime. :d:d:d:d Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

Grizzly Adams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nucks vs. Coilers game tonite. Oilers get to shoot at the backup goalie tonite.

Them young oilers could not score in a whorehouse with a fist full of $1000.00 bills.

I'll be the fat guy wearin a sled site hoodie!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nucks vs. Coilers game tonite. Oilers get to shoot at the backup goalie tonite.

Them young oilers could not score in a whorehouse with a fist full of $1000.00 bills.

I'll be the fat guy wearin a sled site hoodie!

That's funny; The Wings played their back-up against the Oil too.:p That in itself has got to be demoralizing.:( Hopefully the Oilers can manage to keep this bunch of young guys together and see some payoff for their struggles the past couple of years. I'm far from being an Oilers hater; but I do think it is very hard to bring a group of young stars up at the same time and hang on to them when they hit their prime in todays NHL.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
big win last night against a hot team that isn,t very good,the oil havent bin blown out against the sedin sisters i think they will win tonight!!!GO OIL

zduck14

Reaction score
van got some lucky bounces,,,oilers not the same without whitney and horc

Really? The Sedin's combined 6 points against the Coiler's were on lucky bounces? I recommend watching the highlights again. None of them were lucky, they were simply pure magic. Daniel and Henrik just keep proving they are among the NHL's elite game after game and we're talking the with the Malkin's, Ovechkin's, and Thornton's of the league, not the measly Hemsky's and Hall's.

By the way, do you actually think Whitney and Horcoff would have made a difference against the best team in the NHL?

P.S. Did Hemsky actually think he was going to fight Tanner Glass?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Best NHL team" LOL they couldn,t even put away the Wings who Have half there team out with injery..Cunucks are like eye candy..they look good for awhile but when the Playoffs start they loose there balls.Happens every time:rant::d

Top Bottom