Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Talked with Jamie @ Selkirk Heli this morning.....said he was going on a mission. Must have been you. Glad you are alright........snowshoes and/or big hp/tracks are king this time of year. Reminds me on my "Too stuck" post from last Feb...almost 2 Meters in 24 hours......it was a **** show and they used an A Star for safety.
Cheers
RS

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
OK I will ask.... Why did you have to leave the two sleds there?
NOT cause its a Polaris of course!!! damage..engine.. gas?
Glad it turned out well and you made it out safe...and it didn't dump and cover the sleds

Dropped down into a hole about noon that you can normally circle out of and not have to climb back out. Snow was to deep to circle back out so at 3 I decided to make the call and start walking and try and catch a ride out. No damage... Just ran out of time. It took two of us 7 hours today to get em out. Found a somewhat clear opening and just taking shots at it till we got both sleds near the top and then started working the sno-bunje. The sleds were barely visible this morning! It was a 800 155" and a 174" turbo pro. Like I say... The turbo carried the load!

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
Talked with Jamie @ Selkirk Heli this morning.....said he was going on a mission. Must have been you. Glad you are alright........snowshoes and/or big hp/tracks are king this time of year. Reminds me on my "Too stuck" post from last Feb...almost 2 Meters in 24 hours......it was a **** show and they used an A Star for safety.
Cheers
RS

I called him last night cuz I wasn't sure we could ride em out. Chopper couldn't have done it today with the weather so we made it happen by working a bit!

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
On a side note. I'm always impressed every time I come to canada how helpful and friendly the sledders are! We had two guys meet us at the lot this morning that I only met once a couple years ago. They ended up having to leave and head home but just the fact that they showed up at the lot this morning and rode up says a lot about who they are as people. Too bad there's not more folks like that!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a group of 6-7 guys coming down staying at glacier from December 2-8. Hopefully it's still crazy deep !

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
Sounds like they dropped into a place they shouldn't of have when there is no base and 5' of fresh snow. Long day of getting stuck and not wanting to spend the night on the mountain I would guess.

The sat phone came in handy. At least I could call the wife from the cabin so I could keep her from calling 911! It was definitely a hole I shouldn't have dropped into but we were having so much fun at the time I had a lapse in judgement. Lesson learned!

Duramax11

Reaction score
Stoked!! Be there Thursday night through the weekend with a few buddies!! Let the snow fly!!

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait til Friday. Only four more sleepless nights! Way to excited to kick off the season.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a side note. I'm always impressed every time I come to canada how helpful and friendly the sledders are! We had two guys meet us at the lot this morning that I only met once a couple years ago. They ended up having to leave and head home but just the fact that they showed up at the lot this morning and rode up says a lot about who they are as people. Too bad there's not more folks like that!

glad to here made it out jerry sorry we had to bail that was quite the hole lol

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
glad to here made it out jerry sorry we had to bail that was quite the hole lol

I appreciate you guys meeting us and coming up to take a look. It was a chit show getting em' out but it's nice to be here at the hotel knowing there's 3 sleds in the trailer!

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone lucky enough to get out before warm temps ruin the snow bring a snorkel and tread lightly bunny hills take a couple stabs in this deep snow easily 4 to 5 feet of fresh in spots

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sat phone came in handy. At least I could call the wife from the cabin so I could keep her from calling 911! It was definitely a hole I shouldn't have dropped into but we were having so much fun at the time I had a lapse in judgement. Lesson learned!

Me and a buddy got split up on Boulder in the trees last year early dec was stupid deep that day, was just about dark when i got stuck for the last time and was exhausted. I decided to start walking to the cabin had no idea where he was. Met up with some guys they gave me a lift to the cabin and one guy left me his brand new Assault to stay up there with and look for my friend ended up finding my buddy walking the trail eventually later that night. Was blown away how this guy could give me his brand new sled not know me from a hole in the ground to help two strangers out. I couldn't thank him enough when I met up with him and have his sled back.

To top it off the next day two other guys heard our story where we were staying and spent the day with us digging out our sleds.

Lots of really good sledders/people out there.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appreciate you guys meeting us and coming up to take a look. It was a chit show getting em' out but it's nice to be here at the hotel knowing there's 3 sleds in the trailer!

I bet safe travels tomorrow the ass was gross

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend and I are planning to go up on Thursday, sled fri and sat, anyone else going? We have both never done revy.

Top Bottom