Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
On the Turtle front, the club has just spent 4 days with a cat ripping out all the alder from the 7 1/2k turn off to the point where you start heading straight up by the timber. The alder was 15' high and thick as the hair on a dog back so we have now made it possible to put the trail in a good months earlier I'm sure. Keep in mind we do share that trail area with the heli skiers so be respectfull or we could lose this access route.

Thanks
Greg

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Had a good weekend out in Revy. Snow was not as good as I had hoped but that being said it was still good enough to get the first 200kms on the XM with my buddies. Here's a few pictures. P1010232.jpg P1010246.jpg P1010251.jpg

scafer53

Reaction score
looking good guys!!! cant wait till the 24th to test out the new poo!! praying for snow, snow, and more snow! :)

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Here's a few more pictures from where we were unloading.

Notice how icy the road is. On sat a truck pulling a flat deck tailer slid backward on an icy corner just after the 5k sign on Frisbie. The trailer ended up over the bank but luckily his truck didn't. His truck had allseason tires which just don't cut it at this time of year when your driving up the mountain. On Sunday another truck pulling a 2 place open sled trailer slid backwards and jack knifed accoss the road and caused some damage to the back bumper of his truck. He was lucky and the cause was the same as Saturdays event (allseason tires).
I can not stress enough the importance of good winter tires, and or chains if you are planning to drive up the road expecially if you are pulling a trailer.

It was snowing this morning as we drove out of town. It's suppost to snow all week so conditions should be great next weekend.

P1010223.jpg P1010225.jpg

jumpingjack

Reaction score
How far up can you go with 24ft trailer? How much dirt would a guy have to ride?

By the looks of the weather this week you should be able to park at the 3k area on Frisbie by the weekend. The road up was very icy starting at about 4.5kms this past weekend but with the new snow down low you should not need to drive up that far.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the Turtle front, the club has just spent 4 days with a cat ripping out all the alder from the 7 1/2k turn off to the point where you start heading straight up by the timber. The alder was 15' high and thick as the hair on a dog back so we have now made it possible to put the trail in a good months earlier I'm sure. Keep in mind we do share that trail area with the heli skiers so be respectfull or we could lose this access route.

Thanks
Greg

Is the club pushing a permanent trail into turtle ? Or just cleaning up the existing one. I thought I heard rumors last year there was a "real" trail going back in there. Kinda hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

polaris god

Reaction score
t minus 10vdays till our trip to frisby... keep up the good work with pics guys!!!! i can hardly sleep so ancious to get there!!!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the club pushing a permanent trail into turtle ? Or just cleaning up the existing one. I thought I heard rumors last year there was a "real" trail going back in there. Kinda hope not

that would really suck if they pushed a real trail back there. Turtle is not for new or even average riders. That goat trail is AZZ puckering, i love it!!!!!

Top Bottom