Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

wildalberta

Reaction score
We went last weekend. Rode at keystone and boulder. Keystone road is deffinatly easier and could drive roght to solid snow. Both places would have been fun with sunny conditions. Snow was quite hard.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy that I was supposed to be going down with cant make it anymore.

Open spot on my deck if anyone wants to ride this weekend msg me

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowline at boulder is just up above the gate before the Cabin. North facing slopes are showing a lot of rocks up top. Had some great weather, still a pretty good snowpack for mid June. Have a great summer!

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics! Where did you unload? Thinking about going this Saturday.

We unloaded at the gate can't remember what KM the gate is at but your not allowed past it with your truck. Its just past the trail junction of Kirkup and Benazon, the snow line was just around the corner. If you go up you must take the Kirkup trail to get up that high. Willows were pretty thick in spots and make sure you have some good tires it gets pretty rocky. We did manage to get high centered on the only patch of snow left on the road just before the gate but eventually punched through it. Good times haha

Last edited:

srx144

Reaction score
Thanks e-zmoke!

I think that is exactly where we unloaded last year in June. Appreciate the info!

QUOTE=E-Zmoke;1733666]We unloaded at the gate can't remember what KM the gate is at but your not allowed past it with your truck. Its just past the trail junction of Kirkup and Benazon, the snow line was just around the corner. If you go up you must take the Kirkup trail to get up that high. Willows were pretty thick in spots and make sure you have some good tires it gets pretty rocky. We did manage to get high centered on the only patch of snow left on the road just before the gate but eventually punched through it. Good times haha

[/QUOTE]

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

I noticed the little "ladder" on the ground. No doubt that is for traction on the ice, etc. when it is hard to get the track onto the ramp?

Care to elaborate on that little tidbit? Home built? Come with ramp/deck? etc....

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed the little "ladder" on the ground. No doubt that is for traction on the ice, etc. when it is hard to get the track onto the ramp?

Care to elaborate on that little tidbit? Home built? Come with ramp/deck? etc....

Good eye! That is exactly what it is. It is called "Sure Load" I was testing it for Dean at Mad Motorsports 780.986.6370 He will be stocking it this upcoming year. It actually works pretty slick. You can just crawl up to your ramp and your track doesn't spin at all. They retail for $120 and come anodized Black. Basically you just hook it on to your ramp, lay it out, drive up to your ramp and you don't have to take a run at it or worry about your track spinning on the snow, ice, gravel, mud, pavement, or whatever else your loading/unloading on. It literally takes 5 seconds. First impressions were kind of mixed about it but after using it I was really surprised how well it worked. I'm not sure how many times I've seen guys take 2 or 3 runs at their deck before getting up but with this you never have to worry about spinning out again. First time using it I backed my truck up to my garage pulled out the ramp and layed the sure load on the garage floor and with no run whatsoever crawled up my ramp onto my deck effortlessly.

Last edited:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might have a chance at frisbee in july? not sure. We unloaded around the 10k on frisbee last weekend (june 9)

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we went for a ride on Saturday June 15 at Boulder Mountain,we drove up farther than I have ever had to,15km.
I introduced a friend of mine from work to sledding,his name is Carlos and he just moved to Canada from Mexico,for his first time on a sled I let him use my MCX 310 Apex.
He did real good on it other than the gravel where we unloaded,he took a couple of nasty spills on the way up.
We got to cabin and signed in,I could not believe how much snow had melted since my last ride on June 6th,there was no snow at the bottom of the stairs.
We headed off towards the Lakes and ran into srx144 and his 2 sons,they rode with us for the rest of the day.After a bit of coaxing I was able to get srx144 to try out my Twisted Turbo M1000 with fuel control by Boost It....I think he liked it!
My sled ran excellent,no bog or sputter,this was the first time on the snow for this sled running the Boost It box,last time it was on the snow it had the Attitude box on it and it ran like crap.
With the Boost It box installed on the sled I got to ride my sled with no issues or tuning at all.
The only carnage for the day was me,I did get the high mark though,so all is good.
I destroyed brand new hood,windshield and bent my handlebars and bent my tunnel.
As we went back down to the cabin I got stopped real fast as I went over the handlebars when I hit a creek that had opened up since the morning.
This ride is officially my last for the season,I have some rebuilding to do.
For anyone else thinking about going for a ride on Boulder this season you best get there quick,access is going fast.
Once I have all vid and pics downloaded and edited I will post....
What a great day and last ride for the season!

Attachments

• ppppppppp 042.jpg
    ppppppppp 042.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 423
  • ppppppppp 049.jpg
    ppppppppp 049.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 419
  • ppppppppp 047.jpg
    ppppppppp 047.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Top Bottom