Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Just got back from Revy, and if I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of going to just wait a while. Only a couple of feet at the Boulder cabin and it was pouring rain at over 5000 ft. Not worth going for at least a couple weeks unless the temps drop and they get a massive storm.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Frisby on Saturday and it was better than sitting at home, parked around km 8. The snow was wet and heavy so there was traction everywhere, still lots of potential a arms smashers poking out. Im gonna skip a weekend then be back out, the forecast is showing lower temps by this weekend.

PainfulPLeasures

Reaction score
Re: Official REVY Riding conditions 2011/12

Well hopefully it snows buckets before the 21st, im ready to get out there... Its time to get back on the hill

Last edited:

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nothing better than sitting in Zalas with an ice cold rum, keep us posted.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well, it finally stopped raining today! The only problem is i can't see a snow line from town, must have rained pretty high up there.:beer:

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im also getting very nervious, im supposed to head out on the 14th, may have to postpone......cant postpone.....dont wanna postpone......pray for snowand colder weather down low!

Reactions: TLR

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a group of 8 coming down on dec 5... 30 days to accumulate some good snow. Hopefully the snow gods are good to us lol.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
NM hows the sled running. Which hotels do you stay in Revy and hows the service.
Hey FF, the sleds ran great. Good thing they have great throttle response...spent most of the ride jumping creeks.
We have been staying at the Days Inn ever since it was the Columbia, and the service is pretty good. They seem to change ownership and/or management every few years, but they really cater to sledders instead of skiers so that's good.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey FF, the sleds ran great. Good thing they have great throttle response...spent most of the ride jumping creeks.
We have been staying at the Days Inn ever since it was the Columbia, and the service is pretty good. They seem to change ownership and/or management every few years, but they really cater to sledders instead of skiers so that's good.

Why cant we all be friends hahaha

HAYDENC

Reaction score
Rogers pass highway cam is showing lots of snow right now! I tried uploading a picture but can't figure it out from my phone

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rogers pass highway cam is showing lots of snow right now! I tried uploading a picture but can't figure it out from my phone

RP.jpg

Here you go.

BM

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning on riding the 14-18, you guys think there will be good snow by then or should we wait till the 27-2 as we are traveling 12 hours

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
If there is such a thing called the "Perfect Storm" then I think it is happening today in Revy as it was clear and cold last night, and poured rain at +2 all day in town. We even had some snow blowing down the street for a half hour or so and the storm is not letting up any time soon. There is a definite snow line at 3000' so about mid point to the top which should have you parking at around 5-6k. This is setting up to be a great weekend for any of you coming out for your first ride of the year.

Thanks
Greg

HAYDENC

Reaction score
i have a three place trailer.. is there any spot for me to park and be able to turn around up there?

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is such a thing called the "Perfect Storm" then I think it is happening today in Revy as it was clear and cold last night, and poured rain at +2 all day in town. We even had some snow blowing down the street for a half hour or so and the storm is not letting up any time soon. There is a definite snow line at 3000' so about mid point to the top which should have you parking at around 5-6k. This is setting up to be a great weekend for any of you coming out for your first ride of the year.

Thanks
Greg

Wicked, thanks for the update! Please keep us posted. I just cancelled a trip there for this coming weekend due to the rain up high. But if things are changing that quick, it would be a blast to still go.

Top Bottom