Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Re: Official REVY Riding conditions 2011/12

Grooming report for Sat. Jan. 7, /12 11:00 pm
Boulder
Kirkup, Veideman, Bezanson x2, top, West trail to top of hill, Laroy Lane.
-7 deg.c, 1” new.
Frisby to top
-6 deg.c, 2” new.
* Watch for water holes on all trails and riding areas. There has been no cold weather yet to freeze these.

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca

Just an up date on Boulder today as I spent half a day tree riding below the Sugar Bowl and rest working on the cabin. The fog never lifted all day so you had to ride around the outside if you wanted to stay in the deep stuff. The snow was great and the forcast is for sun from tuesday on so it should be looking good for next weekend.

Thank
Greg

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming report for Sun. Jan. 8, /12 9:30 pm
Boulder
Bezanson, Veideman, top
-4 deg.c, 2” new, 8’ total.
Frisby to top
-4 deg.c, 2” new. Snowing & blowing

Manatee

Reaction score

Spent three days in Revy. Only rode 2 thanks to broke-down sled. Luckily Clayton @ Smoky Bear gave me his Turbo the last day and let me ride so I didn't completely waste a weekend. Thanks so much Clayton and Kathy for another good weekend @ Smoky Bear.
We didn't see the sun for the three days, so tree riding was the way to go. Lots of snow in the right places. Right around the cabin wasn't real good, but as you ventured further away, it got better and we had a good time.
The last day, there were lots of tracks up top. Visibility wasn't great, but for those who know their way around really well, it was rideable. We spend a little time up top I guess, but then mostly back down in the bush. Good times had by all.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode Friday Saturday, 6th and 7th Area 51 on Friday was decent going to say a foot of fresh snow riding from 2km and pretty smooth to the bridge. Keystone on Saturday was the ususal trail was garbage to the cut block and it was socked in all day made it to just before the shovel out but it was pretty blind so played in meadows for the day fresh snow was 6-12inches.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not a flake in the forecast this week. WTF is going on this winter???? Sun is for the spring, let's see some big dumps!!

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just an up date on Boulder today as I spent half a day tree riding below the Sugar Bowl and rest working on the cabin. The fog never lifted all day so you had to ride around the outside if you wanted to stay in the deep stuff. The snow was great and the forcast is for sun from tuesday on so it should be looking good for next weekend.

Thank
Greg
did you get the lite plant looked at greg. im the person who fired it up for you on sunday.thanks kenton, also thanks for taking us into the trees by sugar bowl. sorry about our buddy getting stuck so often.

Last edited:

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca

Thanks again Kenton for your help with the generator. We had our club meeting last night and we are working on a permanent fix for both power issues at the cabin,. Hopefully it will all be resolved over the past couple of weeks.
For once it is not me getting stuck, kinda enjoyed the attention on someone else.
Thanks again and hope to see ya all again soon

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

About 6-8" of fresh up Boulder today, saw a small slide set off by riders, everywhere is wind loaded.

and I`m happy to tell you the trails haven`t been groomed since Sunday night, no trail pass fees today and are like a hwy. had to use our scratchers comming down, overheating.

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Grooming report forTue. Jan. 10, /12 10:00 pm
Boulder
Bezanson x2, top, West trail to top of hill, Veideman reported good.
-14 deg.c, 4” new, 8’ total, clear.
Frisby to top
-7 deg.c, 3” new, clear.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nice vid. my kind of riding.

Bet u that belt was happy after that vid lol

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nice vid. my kind of riding.Bet u that belt was happy after that vid lol
Thanks. And yes that belt got a work out in more ways than one. Shattered my spider in the clutch at 10 am on day one and rode the rest of the day. Many a time holding the gas and the brake at the same time cause the damn thing wouldn't dis engage.... It definitely got broke in well...

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Great video! Are you using a suction cup on the front of sled when you have the camera pointing up at you?

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Great video! Are you using a suction cup on the front of sled when you have the camera pointing up at you?

no, just stuck a "two sided tape helmet mount" on the hood and used the high mount bracket....

i dont trust a suction cup in the wet cold environment.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we are in blue and lucky if there is 6 inches of fresh. Is it worth the drive to leave at 4 am to ride two days in revy....

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we are in blue and lucky if there is 6 inches of fresh. Is it worth the drive to leave at 4 am to ride two days in revy....

hard to say, when we were at boulder friday saturday and sunday there wasnt too much of the fresh soft stuff and with weather socked the trees got tracked out faster then usual and up top it seemed pretty wind blown. that being said we never make it to much farther then the cabin as we are always deep in the trees. but you can always find something if you look hard enuf.

unless some one else gives a really good report its a toss up.

if your were at home it beats sitting on the couch by far!!! but for driving from one riding area to another riding area its hard to say if its worth it.
sorry, hope that helps.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I found so much snow when I was there last week. Me and the boys will be arriving again on the 19th for a few days!

Top Bottom