Official REVY Riding conditions 2012/13

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Re: Official REVY Riding conditions 2011/12

Full moon, cold, clear last few days, no grooming last night trails are frozen solid and icy.
Forecast is looking better.

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca

Just giving you a 4:00 pm weather report. It started to snow a few minutes ago with light flurries and more on the way. Lets hope the snow gods are kind to us this weekend. If I have to shovel alot in the morning I might jump back on to give you an update.

Greg

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

when checking the avalanch site, can anyone tell me which is for revy and which is for quartz creek?

dho2010summitx

Reaction score

Rode Boulder today not much fresh although we did venture off in the trees and had fun. It snowed heavy for 10 mins today up there and stopped. Met the groomer tonight on the way down. A little icy for the first bit but thought the trail was in good shape. Try Frisby tomorrow and will give an update on conditions.

Summit69

Reaction score

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca

Sorry for the poor quality pics but I think you will get the idea. It's been a long time since I have rode in snow so deep that you were chocking on it as your helmet was filling up all day. With a good base and colder temps the past snow fall hit us hard even in town. All you could see was helmets floating on top of the powder and when carved one be ready to hold your breath.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 582
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 582
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 591

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes we rode saturday and it was un real ...rode creek beds all day and got stuck lots sorry no pics forgot my camera in the truck ..... but it snowed so much that by the end of the day you could not see your tracks from where you were in the morning ... heading to valemount tomorrow night just for a change lol

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Looking good there again. 2 more weeks..........

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

had a blast out there, met some guys who took us all the way back to monster bowl in turtle on friday in the sun, came out from just above turtle lake in the dark as a guy blew a chain- unbelievable is all i can say then the fresh snow saturday was awesome boondocked the trees hard all day. not suprised there was 2' sunday morning as we were last to come down fri night besides the lady who runs the food canteen. snowing so hard at times you couldnt see 30'. Really really was hoping the pass would be closed sunday so we could ride another day.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Awesome report. Were heading there on the 20th - 28th. Looks like we're in for some big powder if TWN has it right!

Summit69

Reaction score

Awesome pics!! Heading that way this weekend!! Leave some fresh for us :p!

jumpingjack

Reaction score

It's suppose to snow all week so if your heading out you better take two snorkles with you. One for youe sled and one so you can breath. Was hard enough Sunday can't imagine what it will be like this coming weekend.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

had a blast out there, met some guys who took us all the way back to monster bowl in turtle on friday in the sun, came out from just above turtle lake in the dark as a guy blew a chain- unbelievable is all i can say then the fresh snow saturday was awesome boondocked the trees hard all day. not suprised there was 2' sunday morning as we were last to come down fri night besides the lady who runs the food canteen. snowing so hard at times you couldnt see 30'. Really really was hoping the pass would be closed sunday so we could ride another day.

Glad you guys enjoyed the trip. Too bad we didn't ride a bit more. Just wanted to show you how to get back in to the area. Thanks for the assistance in removing the chain.
A Special thanks to ROZZY and company for the help getting back in to the sled on saturday. It socked in pretty bad and with all the fresh snow it was pretty difficult getting back in riding tandom. Feel bad though, they asssited us in getting our sled up and running, and just when we went to leave one of his machines had a clutch issue and was left behind in the same valley. I wish we could have returned the favor, but our group had to leave that night, because of work. Pushing fresh snow over the hoods most all the way out. Thanks again to all who assisted us.

gordo907

Reaction score

buddy sent me this video at boulder/frisby yesterday. said the video doesnt do justice, which it never does. they have been getting snow the last 3 days there. visability is poor but its super deep.

Top Bottom