Official 2015/2016 Fernie conditions

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got down, there was some fresh stuff last night, but not a ton. It definitely helped though. As soon as you get out of the trees things turn to concrete though.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping they get a bit. Looking to ride snowbike this weekend.

who is interested? PM Me

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The wind has been doing it's job. Nice wind blown along the tree lines and lots of untracked today. Be very careful of the cornices as they are huge and just hanging around waiting for a trigger. Easily 30 cm in places and pretty much 15 cm where the wind didn't blow it away. Cold enough that there was no thawing and it snowed hard for the last part of the day and most of the way down. It is definitely hero snow but not spring snow. The 4 flatlanders had a great time and will be back out tomorrow. They are pretty tired and with a few refreshments and a long session in the hot tub they will be rejuvenated for tomorrow.

Frame-15-03-2016-06-19-08.jpg Frame-15-03-2016-06-21-04.jpg

Crude

Reaction score
Can you get up to the snow with a 2 place trailer?
want to bring the snowbikes in a couple days. Riding the hard pack trails sucks, thinking gravel would really suck. Haha

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the staging area is where everyone is taking off from still. the road is block but I would think in the near future the berm should be taken down to let truck drive further up.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail going up is brutal to say the least. I needed to wash my sled as I have never ever seen so much black mud ever on it

Crude

Reaction score
the staging area is where everyone is taking off from still. the road is block but I would think in the near future the berm should be taken down to let truck drive further up.

Thanks.
Was wondering how bad it was getting down low.
Been so warm. If they take down the berm, thinking should still be able to get turned around with a small trailer.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We rode yesterday. There is a good "snow trail" along side (on the left side) of the road, albeit, quite bumpy, that we used. Little to no dirt/gravel. If the berm is removed, yes, you can get up further with your trailer. With the cooler nights coming prior to the weekend, there shouldn't be a great snow loss. I would suggest an even bigger problem might be the hundreds of nails in the parking lot. Park on the road and do a walk around of the lot before you pull in and then pick a place. Believe me, it is brutal/ugly.

The young folk are using pallets for their "socialization parties" and I guess the pallets are easily attainable.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Was wondering how bad it was getting down low.
Been so warm. If they take down the berm, thinking should still be able to get turned around with a small trailer.

Crude how about Corbin instead? Just a thought. Let me know if you guys head out and if your looking for a extra guy..

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only ever hear the word Hartley, never rode it. Where is it?
If you go to the new Fernie snowmobile website that has finally been updated it now shows this area and a map. I have been several times and it's a fun area but a longer ride in. It also leads to the back side of the 3 Sisters.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No room for Enclosed trailers, it is a small staging area. Decks and two place trailers only, trail usually gets whooped as it is not groomed very often, and the riding is kinda whatever. Better off sticking to coal creek.

If you go to the new Fernie snowmobile website that has finally been updated it now shows this area and a map. I have been several times and it's a fun area but a longer ride in. It also leads to the back side of the 3 Sisters.

Top Bottom