nytrous kit on summit rev

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fogs the box. there is no bleeding. 1000psi. give it a shot before you make a pull at idle to purge it and there wont be any issues. its important that the bottle is warm. he could have had an electrical issue becuase you will know it when its working.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
you have nitrous on your machine? didnt know that.

nitrous on my sled is useless in a drag race from how my clutching is setup. but in the hills wow.

Did a bit of tinkering for the drags and it worked really well - well until I over heated the motor from back to back races...lol...life happens.
In the mountains it works stellar when I use it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fogs the box. there is no bleeding. 1000psi. give it a shot before you make a pull at idle to purge it and there wont be any issues. its important that the bottle is warm. he could have had an electrical issue becuase you will know it when its working.

Showtime - what Maxwell said. There's no bleeding. if you got a problem just disconnect hose at bottle, crack the bottle valve and see if you got pressure, then the unput/output sides of the regulator/solenoid, then at the air box once it's all hooked up and the button is being pressed. The pressure check is easy, if you got no pressure at the bottle, it's empty. If no output at the solenoid to the air box and you got pressure to the inlet side then there is an electrical problem (it's not opening, faulty, your button is screwed or you got no power to the entire system).

Should rev up slightly at idle when the button is pressed if everything is working.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been sledding my entire life and never had n20 and always wanted it. After just getting a new sled, this one would be hard to get past the boss:eek:

Think I could tell her is just a small propane bottle to power my hotdogger when my sleds not running ?:d

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that I see thathe prices are more reasonable than I thought, it makes me wonder.

I have an '05 rev, I am fairly mechanically inclined, would it be much trouble for me to install a 3lb bottle and bonndocker kit on my sked by myself??

Would I have to make any changes to my clutching etc??

Total newb with NOS, sorry if the questions are lame.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my experiance with boondocker is after the first run it's gets slower and slower my buddy runs boss nos it ran dead consistant thats what i see in ashfault drags.i'm switching,but in the hill you might not notice it as much?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are U guys running the Alum or CF bottle. I heard the Alum bottle was better due to getting heat from the pipe keeping more stable pressure. But I heard that a few years ago, still true? I could see that on a wet system!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the big thunder wet kit, love it and use a 5lb allum bottle, works great in the exhaust area keep psi about 900-1050, I have seperate 1.5litre can with race fuel and when I hit botton it switches over and runs race gas only with n2o. Good luck and have fun...

mach123

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To revive this thread, I am seriously looking at geting a boondocker kit for my 05 summit.

Questions..Stock engine, fairly fresh, do I need to add race fuel, if so what kind of mixture do i need?

and there is no controller box for skidoo sleds as they are carb machines that is why i reccomend the adjustable regulator for skidoo machines. it regulates the flow so you always get a constant shot no matter what setting your on.

Soooo there is no controller box, sooo if I wee to get a adjustable regulator and the boondockers kit, there would be nothing else I would need to be set up and going??

Really would like soe help here as trying to get a total price down to see if it is worth it right now.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
race fuel is just a general requirement depending on HP shot.i have found 20-30hp or less. no race fuel needed. no detonation. anything over that you should mix in 5 gallons.

this is what works for me. your sled may be different. i still think if your burning up a bottle a day adding a gallon of race should be in order anyways even if you are runing a lower shot. all theregulator does is adjust HP and keep a consistant runnnig shot flowing.

than that you dont need anything. i think its the greatest chit since sliced bread. just because it works and i havent had any issues. come see my sled go if you want.

kits are cheap give it a try. i ran 15 bottles through a 04 rev last season and compression didnt drop through the whole season. i dont know where this myth comes from of engines blowing up. but it can happen if not tuned correctly or the wrong fuel is bein ran

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
race fuel is just a general requirement depending on HP shot.i have found 20-30hp or less. no race fuel needed. no detonation. anything over that you should mix in 5 gallons.

this is what works for me. your sled may be different. i still think if your burning up a bottle a day adding a gallon of race should be in order anyways even if you are runing a lower shot. all theregulator does is adjust HP and keep a consistant runnnig shot flowing.

than that you dont need anything. i think its the greatest chit since sliced bread. just because it works and i havent had any issues. come see my sled go if you want.

kits are cheap give it a try. i ran 15 bottles through a 04 rev last season and compression didnt drop through the whole season. i dont know where this myth comes from of engines blowing up. but it can happen if not tuned correctly or the wrong fuel is bein ran

I assum u are just adjusting your clicker accordingly for NOS use. Or did U reclutch.
I plan to use mine when I start to bog down..give her alittle shot to pop her back up, so I dont see a need for re clutching, does this sound right? Ijust think I will try it for now and get my clickers dialed in so if I had to I could drop 1 click and hit the button all day and be good.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all theregulator does is adjust HP and keep a consistant runnnig shot flowing

Couple more questions for you maxwell, (you seem to know alot about this stuff)
This is the regulator I was looking at on the boondocker site,

Synergy Series adjustable regulator carbureted
$124.91
Adjustable nitrous pressure regulator for carbureted applications. This kit comes with new synergy series regulated nozzles to deliver up to 30 HP for ver 3000 manifolds and 68 HP for ver 2000 manifolds.

I figure I will usually have it at about 25hp but would like the range and control, do you think this regulator will work for me? it lists 2 different manifolds where the regulator will adjust up to 30 or 68hp, I am not sure where my 05 summit would fall?

Also if I put a regulator on will I need extra high pressure line than the kit comes with to run this to a position I can get at without opening the hood or panels?

Sorry for all the newb questions.:d:confused:

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
picked up a used adjustable BD kit for $600 shipping included 3 yrs ago. came with a 20lb refill bottle as well. cheap mans turbo, gotta love it!!

stock clutching, has hardly been change off of clicker 3. gotta love doos stock clutching but lookin into a DJ clutch kit for this winter

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picked up a used adjustable BD kit for $600 shipping included 3 yrs ago. came with a 20lb refill bottle as well. cheap mans turbo, gotta love it!!

stock clutching, has hardly been change off of clicker 3. gotta love doos stock clutching but lookin into a DJ clutch kit for this winter

I have a DJ kit...will never go back! Sounds like U got a good deal, That re fill bottle is 1/2 that I think.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the new boss kit seems to work pretty good, me and a buddy put it in his sled, has two bottles one for race fuel and one for nitrous. 60 hp shot and it works good. little bit over 800$ for the setup

Top Bottom