Nytro Rearmount After market Seats. Which one?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still running the stock seat with a skinz cover on my MCX and need a change now that I am keeping the sled for a while longer. Running the boostsmart controller but having freezing issues with it mounted back by the intake, so looking to go either to a mountain mod with rear storage to keep controller warm, and would cover up my turbo cover aluminum, or go with the skinz seat and run the tunnel open around the turbo and just set the boost on the wastegate rod to alleviate the controller all together. looking for opinions for likes and dislikes with both setups. First off I foundthe skinz seat hard like a dirt bike, and wonder how much snow would end up on the boards? Any other options? 0908black_nytro_.jpg 361_SPG_Nytro_Seat_Kit_YNSK600-BK.jpg

Attachments

• nytro0310_.jpg
    nytro0310_.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 199

Thistledoo

Reaction score
I helped Murray design the trunk style seat, it works awsome and I would never go back. Keeps stuff warm like gloves and goggles. Makes the sled look killer too. Give him a call.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the Skinz and love it. I modified my turbo cover so it just covers the turbo leaving about 3 inches of room inside the back seat mount. Also let me tuck a REV style gerry can right up against the back of the seat and the air intake matches the slope of the gerry can.(CR tunnel dump exhaust) Also gave me room to mount a Muff Pot in front of the turbo accessed from under the front of the seat :d I will try and post pics but for some reason every time I try from my Mac it wont let me.I also love the skinz seat for boon docking as you can grip it nice with your legs.As far as being firm it does soften up but I rarely sit unless Im having lunch. Downside is lack of storage as stated.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Wayne! I have had the mountain mod seat with the trunk on both my sleds and just love it! I personally could not imagine going any other way. I just installed the Turbosmart boost controller in the trunk last night so I will see how that works on the 18th. Stop by check out the seat and take the sled for a burn so you can get a feel for it.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Wayne! I have had the mountain mod seat with the trunk on both my sleds and just love it! I personally could not imagine going any other way. I just installed the Turbosmart boost controller in the trunk last night so I will see how that works on the 18th. Stop by check out the seat and take the sled for a burn so you can get a feel for it.

Awesome, will definetly stop by soon to have a good look at it. Would like to order something up on monday

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain mod foresure! Ive had it for about 4 years on my PL rear mount like others say warm storage and never have issues with boost controller!!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I'm ording a mountain mod monday. Had a good look at Tfitz's and really liked it, comfy and heated storage has many plus's!!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody running a Mtn Mod seat on an Alpine/Trask rear mount. I know my turbo is mounted much further back than an MCX.
Like to see some pics of the AM seats on a sled with Rear mount Turbos

Top Bottom