Now lets think about this for a minute.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets say you took 20 random mountain sleds. I dont care if they are 4 stroke turbo 2 stroke turbo big bore stock bore. Spent an afternoon drag racing and come up with who was fastest to slowest. Then you go to the mountains and do some deep snow riding. Would you see similar results or would there be big changes in the order and why? No changes can be made to the sleds.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the same results cause not the same rider! A good drag racer might not be a good mountain rider and vise versa.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
valid question. The results would not be the same. the set up for a good drag racers is totally different for a deep powder sled.

For example: when I used to race I set up my sled for a very aggressive up shift and didn't give a rats ass about backshift.
I would set up my suspension so that as much weight as possible would transfer to the rear. " Ski's were for when it was parked"

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
valid question. The results would not be the same. the set up for a good drag racers is totally different for a deep powder sled.

For example: when I used to race I set up my sled for a very aggressive up shift and didn't give a rats ass about backshift.
I would set up my suspension so that as much weight as possible would transfer to the rear. " Ski's were for when it was parked"
Sorry I forgot to include that in my post. No changes could be made to the sleds.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing the done up 96 670 with a 136"x1.5 track is gonna keep up with the stock 2012 800 with a 162 going through the trees on a hill. The 670 might be quicker on hard pack flat but in the hills? Sorry not buying it.

2hills

Reaction score
Lets say you took 20 random mountain sleds. I dont care if they are 4 stroke turbo 2 stroke turbo big bore stock bore. Spent an afternoon drag racing and come up with who was fastest to slowest. Then you go to the mountains and do some deep snow riding. Would you see similar results or would there be big changes in the order and why? No changes can be made to the sleds.
The guy with the old 90's Polaris and the big mouth would lose in both cases.
:d
Code:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far are we drag racing 500 ,660 or 1320?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a summit 600 that would roll any of the new sleds in a drag race. get it in a couple feet of snow......FART
my buddy had a 600 renegade SDI that would annhialate 800's in a drag race. yeah, it was pretty lame in any kind of snow but holy chit that thing was quick. it would do almost 100mph across a good setup field or lake.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 98 srx and on a 1/4 mile at local track it did 127 mph at 9.76 seconds but when you brought it to the mountains when there was fresh pow it sucked it never lacked power but just couldn't keep up with any if the newer mountain sleds.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 98 srx and on a 1/4 mile at local track it did 127 mph at 9.76 seconds but when you brought it to the mountains when there was fresh pow it sucked it never lacked power but just couldn't keep up with any if the newer mountain sleds.

Hmmmmmmm........

Top Bottom