not sure if AWD is working

markiedog

Reaction score
I have an 08 800 Sportsman and I am not sure if the front left side is being driven is there any way to check it out. Didnt really notice it myself but a buddy pointed it out to me when I was going through a mud hole.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does it have full lockup.if not it is limited slip(3 wheel drive)
For some reason I thought some of the polaris quad didnt have full lock up,could be wrong!
catmando!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
As far as I know Polaris is AWD (ALL wheel drive) jack the thing up as mentioned and give it a spin. If only one tire is being driven then the first thing to do is check your electrical. 9 times out of 10 its an electrical problem on these Polaris's. Check the wire that runs to the front hub. Good Luck.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if one tire is only spinning you could have a broken axles. On the new bikes with the central front dif you only have both wheels spinning or no wheels spinning.

markiedog

Reaction score
thanks to all that replied.
I lifted it up and all 4 wheels spin ,apparently there is no problem thanks again

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks to all that replied.
I lifted it up and all 4 wheels spin ,apparently there is no problem thanks again

Just to be safe change your front hub oil.
It is best to use polaris oil for the hubs.

I found on my other Polaris quads regular hub oil changes helped.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Just to be safe change your front hub oil.
It is best to use polaris oil for the hubs.

I found on my other Polaris quads regular hub oil changes helped.

I was told by a reputable POLARIS dealer NOT to buy the expensive polaris hub oil... instead use a fully synthetic ATF oil ( exact same properties). I did just that and have had ZERO troubles. After all do you think polaris would design a diff that only uses an oil that Polaris makes from their "very own" oil refinery :rolling: Theres always an alternative. :rolleyes: Just my opinion :cool:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by a reputable POLARIS dealer NOT to buy the expensive polaris hub oil... instead use a fully synthetic ATF oil ( exact same properties). I did just that and have had ZERO troubles. After all do you think polaris would design a diff that only uses an oil that Polaris makes from their "very own" oil refinery :rolling: Theres always an alternative. :rolleyes: Just my opinion :cool:

Very true...Thanks

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
08 sportsman no front hubs but change the front diff and check the fluid for any metal. and i wouldn't use ATF been there tried that. i was told the same thing about atf in the front and had nothing but trouble with my front hubs after on my old sport but if people have had good luck with it then its up to you just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom