Nos

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking For Some Input On Nos. I Am Going To Put Nos On My 2006 Summit 800 For Next Season. Need Some Pros/cons
I Will Go With 30hp Shot 15 Hp Per Juge

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Ridden with a number of guys running NOS. Once it's set up it seems very reliable but the set up is what gets guys frustrated. Even when set up at a dealer it takes a bit of tweeking in the mountains.
I think it one of the best bangs for the buck from what I've seen.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powderchowder I put nos on my 4 stroke last year and love it. The new Bossnoss system from Boss is what I am using, and it is completely regulated so and you add add noss it increases your fuel, reducing or elimiating melt downs. I went with a 40hp shot it works great, my Rpm goes up about 400-500rpms and stays there until I let off. With the regulated system you can hold the button down until the bottle is empty if you want!!:D I find with my sled when you let off it bogs from a second or two, from it try to burnoff the extra fuel that just went into the cards. I was told by Bossnoss if you go any higher then 50hp you have to start mixing with race fuel. Good luck and let me know what you go with.:D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
NosRX1, how was the set up once installed, our buddy runs the same system on his RT1000 and it took a lot of tweeking to get it working right. What was your experience?

Powderchowder I put nos on my 4 stroke last year and love it. The new Bossnoss system from Boss is what I am using, and it is completely regulated so and you add add noss it increases your fuel, reducing or elimiating melt downs. I went with a 40hp shot it works great, my Rpm goes up about 400-500rpms and stays there until I let off. With the regulated system you can hold the button down until the bottle is empty if you want!!:D I find with my sled when you let off it bogs from a second or two, from it try to burnoff the extra fuel that just went into the cards. I was told by Bossnoss if you go any higher then 50hp you have to start mixing with race fuel. Good luck and let me know what you go with.:D

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledbunny I found it easy to dial in, on the fuel regulator valve I leaned it out 1/8 of a turn until it worked great from when I first started I turned it in about 1 1/2 turns from factory recomended setting. And now its nothing but a smooth running with lots of power when I am on the button!!:D what made me think of leaning it out was after I got off the button it would almost bog to the point of putting you over the handle bars, so just leaned it out until I had lots of power and little to no bog.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NosRX1--- where did you get your Boss kit from and what is the price? Did you install yourself?

I have an 05 RX Mtn that could use a little extra kick.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Accually My wife bought it for me last year for my birthday(Yeah you can say it what a girl!!) She got it from Karst in Casper when we were living down there. I believe it cost around 870.00 USD. I just had deal put it in for me there was alittle more to it then a stock set up, I am running pods with the K&N jet and spring kit so I felt it better to have the deal do it.

Attachments

• RX 1-5.jpg
    RX 1-5.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 131

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have the K&N's with single pipe. what kind of jetting are you running in the Mtns? 6-9000'
I run 165 MJ's here at 2000' but dropped to 160 and it ran boggy in McBride. gurggly on the trail ride up and then at a certain height above cabins it would just load up and go nowhere.
would you mind passing me your set-up for higher elev. Clutching, jetting?

Thanks, Culvert

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running 150s for jetting, the clutching is stock it seems to work fine, I may play around with the clutching this year see if I can get more out it.:D This last year I was just happy with the way it was running! so never bothered changing the clutches.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Nos

I will be dropping my jets down for sure next time around. If you get a chance to take a look let me know what you have for clutching.
I have 8BU-10 13.3T 13.9H with W-S-W primary and 54-42 helix with silver spring at 80*.
I pull 10500-10700 at 2000' and when we went to 6-9000' it was pulling 10000 but dropping to 9000, way to much lost in RPM. But I hope to get the jetting first than play with clutches.

Top Bottom