Northern Gateway

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand either. Everyone wants a peice of the oil revenue pie that is Alberta but they all whine about how we make the money they lust after?
Slow down the output for a bit and drive oil to $200+/bbl and watch the whining then when gas it $4/litre.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What chaps my axx is those self-righteous hypocritical American actors, how quickly they forget their gulf spill, not to mention the human cost of middleast oil.. The US is broke, forget the keystone line, hello China!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Obama worried as much about jobs as he did about pleasing his left wing tree huggin buddies to get re-elected ,the US would not be in the mess it`s in.Oh well ,China has cash and they might as well spend it here.......We should start cutting the equalization payments immediately,to the amount this BS costs us,then we will here some protests,however they won`t be about pipelines................

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cant think about China yet until BC approves the pipeline going thru N.BC. Lots of talk on the news on this issue as they started the proceedings with all groups including natives. There is a lot of people in favour but lots arent due to the environmental impact. Watch BC government going to demand a piece of the oil revenues to off set the high risk of having a pipe line going thru the province.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it is fair for BC to get a reasonable share, i don`t think it is fair for Alberta to be trashed constantly by those who also hold there hand out for more cash at the same time..........Facts are,we pay the bills for this country right now...............Like it or not.........

If the USA would rather send there money over to the people who use it to kill Americans around the world,that`s there choice,i guess. Funny how no one ever mentions,how dirty (politically,culturally) the mid east oil is ..................

Last edited:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be very surprised if it goes through,no one out here wants super tankers in that part of the coast,plus the native band that controls were the docking would happen are not intrested,they dont need the money so its not worth the risk to them.It all sounds good but could you imagine the disaster if the line ruptured or a tanker ran aground,we in B.C would be better off shore drilling which woud bring B.C more money for the risk we are taking,no Im not a greeny but It sure could be a big disaster if there was a problem,there is no way to garuantee it wont happen.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess all it takes is a drunken boat captain, to make that happen

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now where doe said "Band that don`t need the money" get it`s money from.....lmfao
Call up the Americans,once they get the Gulf cleaned up..............How did there offshore drilling work out for them.....................?? lol

Last edited:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess all it takes is a drunken boat captain, to make that happen
Or a multinational company(BP) in the gulf,for example. fact is,it can and will happen any where, And therefore We need to take every step possible to prevent accidents.just pisses me off how the Americans dont ever even mention that colossal disaster, yet come up here and dump on us.. Pay attention US, this is why no one likes, so step aside for a paying customer please," Ahh Mr chan thank you for comming to do bussines with us...

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawk both of em. Let's refine the shite in CANADA.

Think of the pros,
-Tons of new jobs (Building the refinery, operating refinery)
-Less reliance on Mid-East oil
-Lower prices (Maybe?)

Lots of people complain about the tarsands and pipelines, Fawk em, they don't get any. Put the refinery next to the sands, and send out refined fuel for us CANADIANS.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawk both of em. Let's refine the shite in CANADA.

Think of the pros,
-Tons of new jobs (Building the refinery, operating refinery)
-Less reliance on Mid-East oil
-Lower prices (Maybe?)

Lots of people complain about the tarsands and pipelines, Fawk em, they don't get any. Put the refinery next to the sands, and send out refined fuel for us CANADIANS.
That is a good idea but the finished product still has to be shipped somewhere somehow. I agree we need more refining capacity that way we dont have the shortages we have had in the past 2 years. So screw BC and USA build it to the Canadian east coast. If the natives in bc are to well off then cut the transfer payments to them that the Alberta economy transfer payments are partialy funding. There are enviromental hassards throught this land 2 more to help the worlds economy whats the problem. Alberta oil kills ducks middle east oil kill people.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. Alberta oil kills ducks middle east oil kill people.
That should be a bumber sticker dude!Can't go east tho, not when Asia lies to the east..and china is too smart to buy refined product!! Why do you think they are slowly buying the oil sands! You mine the raw product, ship it to your own refineries, Refine it yourself then sell it to your energy hungry population. The other crap that comes off the hydrocarbon's, you utilize your cheap labour force to make it into junk to ship to USA! It's the perfect business plan.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The docking is built. Just sayin.
Ill be very surprised if it goes through,no one out here wants super tankers in that part of the coast,plus the native band that controls were the docking would happen are not intrested,they dont need the money so its not worth the risk to them.It all sounds good but could you imagine the disaster if the line ruptured or a tanker ran aground,we in B.C would be better off shore drilling which woud bring B.C more money for the risk we are taking,no Im not a greeny but It sure could be a big disaster if there was a problem,there is no way to garuantee it wont happen.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there not 2 pipelines being looked at for this area? One is for gas and one for oil. I understood the gas one has already been approved...

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
Tough decisions to make for sure, but if you want to protest the pipeline, first remove yourself from the petroleum equation; no petroleum based products, fuel, oil, trucks, cars, quads, sleds etc. Move yourself back into the stone age and live in a log cabin heated by wood and grow your own food etc. Then I would place validity on your comments. Everyone who uses petroleum or its byproducts has an equal share of the guilt and blame for any disaster that occurs anywhere in the world. It is too easy to say not in my backyard while you fire up the 4x4 and head to the gas-pumps.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think this fits here as well--i know it was for the occupy crap, but it still works for this

Attachments

• drilling rig.jpg
    drilling rig.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 111
Top Bottom