nope, i'm still not felling the love,,,,

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hush... keep away from my future firewood
Drove from Fernie to Cranbrook and back today...$hit load of Red plates heading west as I was heading back to Fernie...didn't look like a lot of boycott BC going on.

As a public service announcement...the 3&93 Dairy Bar is now open and lots of fallen trees available for fire wood due to last weekends storm.

You're welcome.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't think a boycott is the issue. yes there will be those that say F you guys due to the attitudes of many BC'ers, but they wont be the issue the valley is facing.

those that are still going are probably property owners. quite easy to stock up with provisions in Alberta, and do you b-quing and hiking, biking, fishing et when you get there. Don't eat out or shop to avoid the snarky looks and comments in the parking lots and on the street.

the real pain will come from the lack of weekenders. these are those that usually rent a place or stay at a hotel, eat out, and shop. these people are not(and i believe will not) be going any time soon. i've continue to visit the valley through this whole pandemic BS. I've driven to my place with everything i needed, stayed there, and went home. no local interface(or money spent). i changed my habits just like everyone was forced to over the last few months, and once you have a new habit, it will take some time to change it back again. drove through radium on friday. all hotels open. i think i saw 3 cars across all the hotels on the strip(like 5 different places???)

the attitude towards non residents has always been there. its normally voiced over the kitchen table and usually not within earshot of anyone that may be one of those non residents. it sometimes spills out of the closet, normally when a few beers are involved. its just that the last few months has made it more socially acceptable for locals to spout their ignorance in public, and Albertans have heard it loud and clear. every time i mention i'm going to BC every bodies reaction is: Arn't you scared someone will confront you, or slash your tires? this is the general consensus of what will happen to you if you go to BC now.

its justified. for this one article that was posted in support of non locals coming to BC, i can think of three that showed examples of what they would be in for if they came, or stupid rants to just stay away by media and public officials.

Interior BC will probably not feel the worst of it, as they get alot of lower mainlanders coming in. Border towns will get hit hard. and it wont just only be the tourist industry, there will be a trickle down effect through the whole economy.

but hey, that's just my opinion on the subject.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't think a boycott is the issue. yes there will be those that say F you guys due to the attitudes of many BC'ers, but they wont be the issue the valley is facing.

those that are still going are probably property owners. quite easy to stock up with provisions in Alberta, and do you b-quing and hiking, biking, fishing et when you get there. Don't eat out or shop to avoid the snarky looks and comments in the parking lots and on the street.

the real pain will come from the lack of weekenders. these are those that usually rent a place or stay at a hotel, eat out, and shop. these people are not(and i believe will not) be going any time soon. i've continue to visit the valley through this whole pandemic BS. I've driven to my place with everything i needed, stayed there, and went home. no local interface(or money spent). i changed my habits just like everyone was forced to over the last few months, and once you have a new habit, it will take some time to change it back again. drove through radium on friday. all hotels open. i think i saw 3 cars across all the hotels on the strip(like 5 different places???)

the attitude towards non residents has always been there. its normally voiced over the kitchen table and usually not within earshot of anyone that may be one of those non residents. it sometimes spills out of the closet, normally when a few beers are involved. its just that the last few months has made it more socially acceptable for locals to spout their ignorance in public, and Albertans have heard it loud and clear. every time i mention i'm going to BC every bodies reaction is: Arn't you scared someone will confront you, or slash your tires? this is the general consensus of what will happen to you if you go to BC now.

its justified. for this one article that was posted in support of non locals coming to BC, i can think of three that showed examples of what they would be in for if they came, or stupid rants to just stay away by media and public officials.

Interior BC will probably not feel the worst of it, as they get alot of lower mainlanders coming in. Border towns will get hit hard. and it wont just only be the tourist industry, there will be a trickle down effect through the whole economy.

but hey, that's just my opinion on the subject.

You might be right, but I hope not...the wrong people are going to be affected by any boycott or reduction in visitor spending.

This is always my dilemma when I decide to boycott a companies products...who is really going to be affected by a boycott...the employees...Upper management...the shareholders?

Currently boycotting P&G due to the stupid Gillette 'Toxic Masculinity' ad and Sportsnet/Rodgers over the firing of Don Cherry.

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I’ve been traveling like nothing has changed. Stopped in revy my last trip home and walked around downtown. Bought a couple helmets at rough country and spent some oil money at some other downtown shops. I felt nothing but love from everyone. Never been in rough country before. I like that place. Seemed like really nice people. Will be buying my next wood stove from them for sure.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I’ve been traveling like nothing has changed. Stopped in revy my last trip home and walked around downtown. Bought a couple helmets at rough country and spent some oil money at some other downtown shops. I felt nothing but love from everyone. Never been in rough country before. I like that place. Seemed like really nice people. Will be buying my next wood stove from them for sure.

Do you go through a lot of wood stoves?

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can blame their fellow ignorant B.C'ers. None of my dollars will be going to B.C anytime soon. When they start supporting the pipeline I will change my mind.
Thats ok ! I dont see anywhere on that sign that says Alberta

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course many do, but unless something changes I don't see B.C supporting it. Maybe if the money dries up and the idiots who don't support it are broke they will change their mind.
Hey Cyle! Alberta is part of Canada I guess that makes you a Trudeau supporter! See how stupid that is ? Quit baggin on B.C. just because your easy street dried up! Join the group and suck it up ! We're all getting it up the ass, just not all whining about it

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Do you go through a lot of wood stoves?
Don’t go through them but when I get my shop built at the cabin I will be installing a new blaze king in there. Also when I get my basement on my cabin done there will be a stove going down there. When all you have to heat is wood then you need a lot of stoves.

Top Bottom