Noob looking for good riding trails 1-2 hr from edmonton

floogan

Reaction score
I know of quite a few that are 3-4 hrs away , looking to find a closer area to ride just
for a day trip, if ya canoe of any thing let me know.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know of quite a few that are 3-4 hrs away , looking to find a closer area to ride just
for a day trip, if ya canoe of any thing let me know.

Welcome to Snow and Mud!

Check out the Favorite Riding Areas section for info on Stanger Hills, Brazeau Dam, Alder Flats, Redwater, Bruderheim, Iron Horse Trail, and Long Island Lake.

rizzman

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we don't live in a mecca for snowmobiling. The 'local' place I've ridden is Whitecourt. The trail system is great for riding with your kids but I haven't found any really good snow up there. I've heard there is some deeper stuff around Swan Hills but I've never been there. I've found some great snow south of Whitecourt in the Blue Ridge area.

I'm interested in hearing about local rides as well though. Unfortunately, the snow isn't always easy to find so close to home.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, I guess it would help to find out whether you're looking for Snow or Mud.

floogan

Reaction score
for mud .... lots of mud ... or skeg would do also!!!!!

rizzman

Reaction score
Haha, I'm sorry. I just assumed you're looking for snow. I guess I have snow on my mind these days.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't be a sissy! I drive from Northern Ontario 3 times to play in the mountains ! It's only 2800 km's one way and my brother does the same to ride here. Road trip here we come !I know easy to say with family and work etc. But these are the things we do to play, Enjoy the Day !

indygeoff

Reaction score
just north of westlock on hyw 44 take right turn at the dapp corner north on 801 20 min up the road is where i go sledding there is three trails all diff in length the longest one rides all the way to Athabasca goes to and meets up with the trans canada trails great riding and great people on the trails there.

Reddragon816

Reaction score
Go just west of drayton valley on hwy 620. Then left on rr 83 for a ways and you'll find lots of trails. Brazeau ATV Club trails. Lots of mud some good hills and if look hard enough you may find some gravel pits. Great scenery as they are along the north Saskatchewan river. You could spend a couple days out there and not get bored! It'll take about 1.5-2hours from Edmonton, depending on how big your foot is.
Drive another 30 min west on hwy 620 to the brazeau dam and you'll find more trails. Happy riding!

Top Bottom