No diet for Skidoo?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
ya.. 10 extra hp, t motion skid to assist in making a heavier sled feel like a lighter sled, an
d that MASSIVE flipper they just added for traction. i would say they are refining and trimming the XM chassis slowly and we will continually see 5-10lb weight losses every season. and i think with this 174 3" track they are setting themselves up for adding an aditional 10-15hp out of the etec in a future realease. THAT would be a monster.

Soon doo should be onto the glue thing also. One never knows it just may stick ?

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freeride vs Summit? How much heavier? Freeride max is 154...

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo builds a great sled, but to say that we dont want them lighter is ridiculous. Get a sled close to the 400lbs mark and the fun factor goes up huge in my opinion. Not saying they will get that light from the factory, but at least polaris is trying. Be nice to see doo do the same.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo builds a great sled, but to say that we dont want them lighter is ridiculous. Get a sled close to the 400lbs mark and the fun factor goes up huge in my opinion. Not saying they will get that light from the factory, but at least polaris is trying. Be nice to see doo do the same.

i dont think anyone can deny lighter is better. but at what cost and at what pain to the consumer?

ive smashed my xm off alot of trees stumps and rocks and its still ticking so can it get lighter? sure....as long as its as strong or stronger and not just on paper. the PRO RMK is not stronger but it is lighter. you can say things like the materials used and the structure design is more rigid with higher strength materials but until you start twisting, bending ,smashing ,jarring ,vibrating them around you dont know forsure.

Reactions: LDK

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think anyone can deny lighter is better. but at what cost and at what pain to the consumer?

ive smashed my xm off alot of trees stumps and rocks and its still ticking so can it get lighter? sure....as long as its as strong or stronger and not just on paper. the PRO RMK is not stronger but it is lighter. you can say things like the materials used and the structure design is more rigid with higher strength materials but until you start twisting, bending ,smashing ,jarring ,vibrating them around you dont know forsure.

So I see your sleds up for sale next month ?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I see your sleds up for sale next month ?

ya? if anyone can sell a snowmobile that they say havent smashed off trees rocks and stumps and ridden hard in the mountains they LYING to your face. they are all straight sleds. if your interested come take a look and bring a measuring tape. if not nice attempt at crashing my sale i guess but ive got nothing to hide.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not sure how you figure the xm is stronger than the pro? I have owned both and I can tell you the pro has a stronger front end for sure! I hammered a lot of trees with my pro and it held up great. Bump one tree with my xm and now I have a twisted tunnel:confused::confused: I still think the xm is a better sled all around. I would just like to see it a little more durable.
uploadfromtaptalk1394948535186.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1394948572726.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1394948618922.jpg

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you figure the xm is stronger than the pro? I have owned both and I can tell you the pro has a stronger front end for sure! I hammered a lot of trees with my pro and it held up great. Bump one tree with my xm and now I have a twisted tunnel:confused::confused: I still think the xm is a better sled all around. I would just like to see it a little more durable.
View attachment 168793View attachment 168794View attachment 168795

its definitely twisted...now what?? is it written off?

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have watched a couple videos on sled comparison and wet weight vs wet weight apparently the pro packs a lot more snow under the chassis up too 100 pounds + apparently and weighs the same as a Xm packed full of snow with less horsepower.. Could be a bull**** article but then again o.o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we might see a couple guys at the end of the year climbing monster on a stock t3 174 doo next year o.o

Last edited:

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we might see a couple guys at the end of the year climbing monster on a stock t3 174 doo next year o.o

Monster has been climbed in the spring on stock sleds shorter than a 174.

Top Bottom