No diet for Skidoo?

tpollon2

Reaction score
I have heard over and over from guys who have rode both that the 15x163 Polaris pops up on top of the snow better than the Skidoo. I have not had the chance to see this for myself.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

I can tell you without a doubt a rmk 163 absolutely pops on the sno better than a 154 xm. our group is 1/2 doo and 1/2 polaris. Im on one of the doos

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any type of possible explanation for this? I don't know enough about this stuff.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

buckshot

Reaction score
This fall I picked up a 13 summit x 163. Historically I am a Polaris guy and have a 13 pro 163 in the shop as well. The pro has the rkt drop in kit otherwise stock, where the summit I put an Mbrp can, belly pan protector, and clutching.(I started with rooster built but did not care for it, so I put in the team tied sec and really like it.). I gave the summit a fair chance and it was hard to do at first. I put on roughly 800mi on the summit and about 300mi on my pro this winter. I have never found my pros to feel weak nor have they failed in any way structurally. If any one is concerned about the glue and carbon fibre, they shouldn't be. The summit was held up well also but both rear drop brackets cracked underneath between the rivets. Now back to the weight issue. The pro is way easier to hold a side hill and general riding keeping both feet in place. The summit reacts easier and which means the rider has to anticipate the terrain earlier. The summit will go into a side hill, or carve easier but harder to hold. You won't feel the extra weight while riding, but you do when stuck....marginally. The biggest issue I have with my summit is it is way harder to roll over then a pro when stuck. I snow checked a t3 and would not give up the extra traction of a 16" track nor 20hp to ride a pro. But if Polaris had come out with a 3" and 15-20hp then it would have made my choice harder for next year.

If I had the time it would be nice to throw the Polaris track on the summit and see if it gets out of the snow better or try the Polaris skid in the summit.

GRD

Reaction score
Sounds like a honest review! Thanks

This fall I picked up a 13 summit x 163. Historically I am a Polaris guy and have a 13 pro 163 in the shop as well. The pro has the rkt drop in kit otherwise stock, where the summit I put an Mbrp can, belly pan protector, and clutching.(I started with rooster built but did not care for it, so I put in the team tied sec and really like it.). I gave the summit a fair chance and it was hard to do at first. I put on roughly 800mi on the summit and about 300mi on my pro this winter. I have never found my pros to feel weak nor have they failed in any way structurally. If any one is concerned about the glue and carbon fibre, they shouldn't be. The summit was held up well also but both rear drop brackets cracked underneath between the rivets. Now back to the weight issue. The pro is way easier to hold a side hill and general riding keeping both feet in place. The summit reacts easier and which means the rider has to anticipate the terrain earlier. The summit will go into a side hill, or carve easier but harder to hold. You won't feel the extra weight while riding, but you do when stuck....marginally. The biggest issue I have with my summit is it is way harder to roll over then a pro when stuck. I snow checked a t3 and would not give up the extra traction of a 16" track nor 20hp to ride a pro. But if Polaris had come out with a 3" and 15-20hp then it would have made my choice harder for next year.

If I had the time it would be nice to throw the Polaris track on the summit and see if it gets out of the snow better or try the Polaris skid in the summit.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Polaris had put as much effort into increasing the reliability and horsepower of their motor as they did into reducing the weight of their sled I would probably be riding one today.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Polaris had put as much effort into increasing the reliability and horsepower of their motor as they did into reducing the weight of their sled I would probably be riding one today.

Conversely, if Doo had put a bit more effort into reducing their overall weight and fixing their clutching so it would at least perform better than a competitors sled only making 145 HP , I would probably be riding one today. Just can't figure where that 15 HP goes., inch wider track, 15 extra HP, $2000 greater purchase price = sometimes better, sometimes not so much ??

Top Bottom