NGK Spark Plug Question

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the difference on the BR9ECS spark plug. Looking threw some of my plugs and on the box end flap there is a number 4677 and 6065. What and is there a difference on these plugs.

bullfrog

Reaction score
What is the difference on the BR9ECS spark plug. Looking threw some of my plugs and on the box end flap there is a number 4677 and 6065. What and is there a difference on these plugs.

i just found out the ECS is an anti foul plug for doos. and at dbl the price of the regular ES plug. That being said, my 05 rev runs great with them. tried the cheaper ES ones but seemed like i was always runnin fat at low idle. just my 2 cents:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ecs has a dome shape, the es is not dome....

also there are 3 different br9ecs

there is a ecs-5 [ 50 thou gap ]
the ecs with a removable tip
the ecs that has a solid tip...

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the price is what i found the big difference from about $4.50 to $12.49 per plug. Want to make sure I can run them with out doing any damage.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok not sure on the newer xp's

just know on the older 800r's and prior

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is the ETEC you need the indexed plugs FYI!!! Go to NGK.com. They have the plug chart to tell you exactly what is different with each plug, and what all the numbers, letters mean. You can run a BR9EYA, Cat plug as well, same price as the ECS and a bit better of a plug. It is in the "V" Power division of their plugs, which is a step up from standard.

Top Bottom