new truck

AC550

Reaction score
i am looking at upgrading my truck to either a 2013 ford f150 or a 2013 dodge ram 1500 what is the better one for the dollar and towing/hauling capabilities i am just trying to figure out which one to go with its just so hard cuz they are both so nice looking and ride quality

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 13 f150 for a work truck and so far I really like it but I have never drove a dodge. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Personally I would go with who ever is gonna give you a better deal. Give Doug Trask a call at Alberta Auto leasing and sales. He is an auto broker and so far he has given me the best deal on a 2010 gmc 2500 and a 13 gmc terrain. The dealerships couldn't match his prices.
780 439-1044 tell him steve Lamnek sent you.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forget both of those and buy a Tundra, then you can spend more time sledding and less time repairing the truck . Mine is 2008 and has never been in the shop. I do the oil changes faithfully and that's it.80,000 kms on it and no problems. I take it out hunting in the fall and run the bag off of it. I get 8-10 truck load of wood with it every spring. just my own opinion

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The magazines and critics seem to be really high on the Ecoboost F-150 Ford's.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forget both of those and buy a Tundra, then you can spend more time sledding and less time repairing the truck . Mine is 2008 and has never been in the shop. I do the oil changes faithfully and that's it.80,000 kms on it and no problems. I take it out hunting in the fall and run the bag off of it. I get 8-10 truck load of wood with it every spring. just my own opinion
80,000 km is still new. My ol lady has a f150 with 180000 km and she rarely does the speed limits or maintainence of any sort. I just put a starter in it. That's it!! If the impot trucks were any good you would see them on the mines and oil fields. Just my opinion.

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

80.000 km thats quite the achievement where can i get me one of these super tundras?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my dodge 1 ton. I wouldn't buy a new 1/2t from them now though. They are a better truck but still has issues. I would look at the Toyota, ford or chev if it has to be a 1/2t.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow that's amazing I didn't know that the ford's with 150,000 still run...hahahah just my thoughts. I did have a Ford truck but the paint on it peeled off in no time. Ijust did the front brakes on my wifes camry. 148,000 kms on it and it finally needed a set of front brakes. the rears should last another 150,000 kms. hopefully she won't want to replace the car. If she does I will have to get into my toy fund.

AC550

Reaction score
thanks for the replys but one thing i know is i will be getting something from one of the big three cuz i dont want my truck to fall apart going down the road like a toyota would definitely do

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you have the privilege to own a Toyota you will never go back to the big three.that's means to you will have alot more spendable cash for new sleds,quads,side by sides...the list goes on and on.. go out and buy from the big three..

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replys but one thing i know is i will be getting something from one of the big three cuz i dont want my truck to fall apart going down the road like a toyota would definitely do

Interesting point of view. Every new truck out there is a piece of ch!t now and will break down. The point is to find one that will do it slower and last a little bit longer

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the rip off price they want for a Toyota you can buy a new domestic and have enough leftover cash to buy a new quad or sled to put in the back.I just don't see it,those junkotas are way overpriced. I have been driving domestic pickups for 20 plus years and never any issues.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have been driving them for twenty year plus. How long do you keep them? That is a big point. Longevity. I know Toyota used to rust out big time. Dodge have rattles and shitty front ends. Chev have shitty electrical and front ends. Ford have shitty heads. Like really, 800 bucks to do a fawking set up spark plugs? I think they are having rust issues too. I suggested this in another post. Instead of saying this truck is better the the rest post what you hate and issues you have had with your truck. Easier to dig through.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my 2013 ram 1500, only have 6400 km on it so far but it tows really good for a half ton, gets decent mileage, still not broke in and its getting better every tank lately, the interior is the nicest out there IMO and ride quality is very good, you wouldn't be disappointed with it thats for sure

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had 7 or 8 new trucks in the last 14 years...all have been GMC/Chev. (1500/2500 crew cabs). I usually sell privately or trade them between 130,000 to 220,000km. The reason I drive the GM's is because they have been trouble free........
costs have been oil & fluid changes, brakes, tires, a windshield or two.....

thinking back over the last 15 years, these are the issues that I had.....a wheel bearing (warranty), a catalytic converter (warranty),

Currently have 110,000km on a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, 6.2L......not one issue so far....I will probably sell / trade later this summer.

I am sure Ford makes a great truck also but I have no reason to try the others because these GM's have been so damn reliable for me

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the rip off price they want for a Toyota you can buy a new domestic and have enough leftover cash to buy a new quad or sled to put in the back.I just don't see it,those junkotas are way overpriced. I have been driving domestic pickups for 20 plus years and never any issues.

my thoughts exactly.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I have a Nissan Titan with 260,000 hard Kms on it. Truck has never missed a beat other than minor chit.... Love it. Same can be said for the Toyota. But before you praise your import please explain the fuel mileage because I know damn well the Toyotas are getting the same as the nissans..... And that's phuck all. I will be buying a dodge next I think. Have been doing a lot of research on this lately. I have found the Eco boosts are not all teu are cracked up to be and the 5.4 triton is getting equal or better fuel mileage, and some of the dodges are topping that. I'll go dodge because I like the comfort and the ride and I want that little extra power. That said I would stay Nissan 100% of I weren't looking for better mileage

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have pretty much driven. Chevy my whole life, just got my first company. Ford 13 F-150 and really truely miss my. Chevs. I only have driven the ford 5000km. And. Will get used to it but will still miss the chev. The ford mpg is noticably better, power about the same, the longer box and bigger fuel tank is nicer, biggest hate on is the 1980's nissan type tilt wheel, 8 hour drive thurday gave me a kink in my neck seriously. If I couldn't have. A chev, dodge would bemy next choice for comfort, but wouldn't keep another one past warranty, stike two for two with dodges for me in the past

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with you...the tundra gets crappy fuel economy. the good part is I don't put lots of miles on ever year because I live where I sled,camp,hunt.fish etc so i don't have to go to the mountains because I live in the mountains .and unless i install air bags I don't think I can legally put a 2 place deck on the truck.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always had GMC trucks but got a 2011 Ford Raptor 2yrs ago and with 100, 000km its the best truck I've owned and have only has a few minor issues with it.

Sent from my Note2

Top Bottom