New to Valemount

NYTRO

Reaction score
Planning on making my first trip to Vale on the 24th on Nov. Never rode there before and don't know what to expect. I've done blue a few times and McBride lots when I was younger. We have a newbie to the mountains coming and he's unsure of what to expect also. Any good areas for a newbie that won't make him to uncomfortable?

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clemina is a good area but is a little rocky for early season. Around the cabin at Allen Creek is good as well to help a newbie work things out.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can also get a guide, my group has one for the 24th I'd invite you to join but I'm actually ditching the mountain for a birthday in Kamloops then back the 25th, they said the guide was 3or400$$ I think

ratpak

Reaction score
Planning on making my first trip to Vale on the 24th on Nov. Never rode there before and don't know what to expect. I've done blue a few times and McBride lots when I was younger. We have a newbie to the mountains coming and he's unsure of what to expect also. Any good areas for a newbie that won't make him to uncomfortable?

4 of us are riding Allen Creek the afternoon of the 24th and all day on the 25th. You're welcome to join us.

Rick Byers

Reaction score
We have been going to Valemont & Blue River for 16 years. Now.

The Three hills we normally ride are Clemina 15 KM out of Valemont going South, Allan 35 KM out of Valemont going South, or Mileage which is now called Chapple Creek 63 Km out side of Valemont all going South to Blue River. If Valemont has 2 feet of snow in town then Blue river will normally have 10 to 15 Feet in town this is because Blue river is right in the sweet spot for the wind currents over the B.C. Mountains. Anytime you get closer to Blue river area you get much more snow.

Here is the down side the trail into Allan from the parking lot is only 13 KM to the alpine cabin allan tends to have 300 to 400 trucks there always it is the most popular area and everyone likes to ride there. Allan is larger than Clemina or Mileage But I prefer Snow where no one has been this would take you to Chappel Creek also knowen as Mileage for us old timers the trail in sucks it is 35 KM to the alpine the area is smaller than Allan but hardly anyone goes there because it is so far out of Valemont they usally do not groom it till late in Dec were as they are already grooming Allan and Clemina so the ride in if the trail is not brocken can be difficult but it is well worth it once you get into the upper lake and area. We are going up Dec 8,9,10,11 and then again Dec 27,28,29,30,31 We try to stay out of town at cabins like Twin Peaks, or Bone Creek they are cabins with kitchens and T.V. and satilite service we like this because it helps to keep the cost down at Bone creek it is only 12 KM from Blue River and they allow us the Sledders cabin which sleeps 4 guys for 150.00 a night split between four guys only costs us 38.00 per guy per night. We have stayied in town at the holiday in for 184.00 per guy per night and had parts stolen off our sleds in the evening. If you stay in Valemont you take the risk of someone damaging there sled the day before, and needing a part he just cannot get while in Valemont for the three or four days he is there. You have a nice new Ski or control arm that will fit his sled, and he helps himself to it at night when you are sleeping or hung over and do not hear them at your equipment. Had this happen while at Valemont Inn and the the Holiday In and Super 8 will never stay in town again like the resorts such as Bone Creek or Twin Peaks there dogs usally alert you to the issues pretty quick if there are people trying to wreck your time out to the mountains

If you are going at any time that works with our dates let us know we would be happy to show you some areas there is also Finn Creek in Blue River and The finger in Blue river also nice ridding areas some extreme some not so extreme.

From Rick.

If you want to discuss more Private Message me.

faceshots

Reaction score
we have been going to valemont & blue river for 16 years. Now.

The three hills we normally ride are clemina 15 km out of valemont going south, allan 35 km out of valemont going south, or mileage which is now called chapple creek 63 km out side of valemont all going south to blue river. If valemont has 2 feet of snow in town then blue river will normally have 10 to 15 feet in town this is because blue river is right in the sweet spot for the wind currents over the b.c. Mountains. Anytime you get closer to blue river area you get much more snow.

Here is the down side the trail into allan from the parking lot is only 13 km to the alpine cabin allan tends to have 300 to 400 trucks there always it is the most popular area and everyone likes to ride there. Allan is larger than clemina or mileage but i prefer snow where no one has been this would take you to chappel creek also knowen as mileage for us old timers the trail in sucks it is 35 km to the alpine the area is smaller than allan but hardly anyone goes there because it is so far out of valemont they usally do not groom it till late in dec were as they are already grooming allan and clemina so the ride in if the trail is not brocken can be difficult but it is well worth it once you get into the upper lake and area. We are going up dec 8,9,10,11 and then again dec 27,28,29,30,31 we try to stay out of town at cabins like twin peaks, or bone creek they are cabins with kitchens and t.v. And satilite service we like this because it helps to keep the cost down at bone creek it is only 12 km from blue river and they allow us the sledders cabin which sleeps 4 guys for 150.00 a night split between four guys only costs us 38.00 per guy per night. We have stayied in town at the holiday in for 184.00 per guy per night and had parts stolen off our sleds in the evening. If you stay in valemont you take the risk of someone damaging there sled the day before, and needing a part he just cannot get while in valemont for the three or four days he is there. You have a nice new ski or control arm that will fit his sled, and he helps himself to it at night when you are sleeping or hung over and do not hear them at your equipment. Had this happen while at valemont inn and the the holiday in and super 8 will never stay in town again like the resorts such as bone creek or twin peaks there dogs usally alert you to the issues pretty quick if there are people trying to wreck your time out to the mountains

if you are going at any time that works with our dates let us know we would be happy to show you some areas there is also finn creek in blue river and the finger in blue river also nice ridding areas some extreme some not so extreme.

From rick.

If you want to discuss more private message me.

phuk off rick..

Loopkey99

Reaction score
Great post, we are going on Dec. 27th also and are hoping to ride clemina, once you get up top is it pretty fair riding?

Thanks

Top Bottom