New to me sled

rgashkei

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2012 Summit X 800 e-tec with 85 Miles on it. Pretty much new. Can't wait to try it out, will be a bit of a jump up from my 06 Summit 151. Needs a can, seems pretty quiet to me. Going to try it out first before I get one, I might like it this way.

sled1.jpg sled2.jpg

CanadianZ71

Reaction score
Here's your checklist:

Vent Clutch Side - simple and effective.
vent.jpg

Take out Sway Bar - way more fun.
sway bar.jpg

Skid Plate - No BS'n this saves damages of something, now that you took the sway bar out, you'll be more loosy goosy steering.
skid plate.jpg

Frog Skins - Cover all Factry Vent Holes, still cools machine down, but help a tone.
frog skins.jpg

Put in a Can - not more HP but sounds great and you lose approx 14lbs of weight.
can.jpg

I also ripped out all of the foam I could get my hands on. Snow gets in and it gets wet and stays wet and steams up **** and will cause problems eventually, lightens it up by no wet foam in sled anyway.

Leave the snap in winshield in the truck, I am on #3, can't flippin' learn my lesson, roll the cunt 1-2 times and there she goes, bungy corded to the pack for the day.

rgashkei

Reaction score
Thanks. Sway bar coming off for sure, skid plate already installed at dealership from new, going to order frog skins and can once my other sleds sell. I will mostly be in prairies so the windshield is kinda nice to have. Should add some scratchers as well. Can't wait for the snow, wife can't wait till I sell the other two.

CanadianZ71

Reaction score
Agreed, the flat land riding is way better with some kid of windshield. There are many different cans. I bought mine from Specialty Sleds in Edmonton. Good guys to deal with and they know their stuff about sleds. Always nice to pick their brains.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice sled. I still like the design and color schemes of the XP's better and with no miles on it yet nothing but smiles.

rgashkei

Reaction score
Just have to wait for the break in to be done. Is there a noticable difference when you hit the 500 miles?

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome machine! i have one the same only white and gold. Throw on some scratchers,can and some frog skins and it will be good to go! It will take a bit of getting used to compared to your rev but you will love it.

Top Bottom