new sled

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im in the market for a new sled this spring/fall...im thinking between an 07 xrs or 09 xp...just want some info in what everyone thinks befor you go throw money into it...

any input appretiated...i think the xrs is more in the price range

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would get the 06 rev, best rev chassis imo i bought one and i love it, lots of power when needed as well

i do like those ones but i want the 800r...and the xrs is suposed to be lighter then the rest

just wondering poo(doo)ryder what you pay for your rev? wherd you get it?

moose1

Reaction score
the xrs is the one with the 800r, the adren. has the 800 ho

This statement is incorrect. All 2007 up summit models have the 800R motors. The MXZ's with the 800 in 2007 had the 800HO. The 800R has the liquid cooled crankcase and early production runs in 2007 had crank problems. Some say it was the case boring, some say it was the bearings, some just don't know! There was also may clutching issues with the 2007's. I cannot comment on the 2008's and later but belt heat has always been an issue with these doo's. Just my two cents.

snowhound

Reaction score
Just reading your comments thanks I just about bought a 07 XRS by the looks of it glad I didn't:d

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 08 700 RMK polaris and my brother got a 2008 800XP 154 he had all updates done and still has the factory belt w/750 plus miles, changed the top gear, added some weight to clutch and not a problem.
He did make sure the engine was aligned with the secondary clutch. I am thinking of switching if I could sell mine. i know the 07 800`s did have middle motor bearings issues. If you wait till fall or spring you could pick up a 08 XP 800 for probaly under $8500.00.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got them both XP and X-RS. I love my X-RS it's the most fun best handling sled i have ever been on. Feels like to me the XP needs more work to ride compared to the older style revs. Also the XRS will out climb or boondock most sleds that arn't too moded. If you do get the X-RS make sure it's the 159 version and not the 151, the extra track will get you anywhere. I have 2800km's on mine and it's still running strong. No motor problems, you can pick up some now with 08 800r motors which is pretty cool. Lots of mod potential with the rev chassis too. The XP too i guess but not as much. Really it comes down to personal preferance, i would suggest ride them both before you buy !! you might not even like the XP, it's a totally different thing.... You can get the same ride and comfort out of a REV with a boss seat and some suspension work.

Heres my baby, Boss seat is on it's way, should be on later in Feb.

Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom