new lite weight fix for polaris drive shaft failures

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with Cats is they always start on the third pull, provide a relaible and fun experience, and then get loaded onto the trailer every time. BORING..
Haha! Very nice. What are you riding this year? I remember you talking last spring after the Chris Brown clinic that you were going to replace your Dragon.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha! Very nice. What are you riding this year? I remember you talking last spring after the Chris Brown clinic that you were going to replace your Dragon.

I sold one of the Polaris and bought a cat.

I still have a Polaris (2008 IQ with a UNion Bay engine) and have owned more Skidoo's than most people on this site. I am not real brand loyal so picking the 2010 M8 was pretty easy. It is a very good sled. If I buy a new one next year, it would be a tough choice between the Cat, Doo, or Pro. A good case can be made for any of them but Cat has a very good dealer close to where I have a cabin.

I will probably go that way.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, ya, I'm not brand loyal at all, and the only reason I bought a Pro last year was because of the dealer. If Bowcycle wanted to treat me like crap from the time I walked in the door to when I left, I wasn't going to buy from them. Walked into Cycleworks and was actually helped out, even though they didn't have any Pros left when I bought, they called around and found one for me. If I decide to update my sled next year, or the season after it will be a tough choice. They are all getting so good, guess I will see what happens in the spring.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after riding my XM out on the lake with 2' of snow there aint enough tape in that roll to keep the snow out to stop the belt from slipping bogging and just ran like what the #### have I bought. The first real riding on it and not impressed rpm all over the place at wide open and the temp was -20.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after riding my XM out on the lake with 2' of snow there aint enough tape in that roll to keep the snow out to stop the belt from slipping bogging and just ran like what the #### have I bought. The first real riding on it and not impressed rpm all over the place at wide open and the temp was -20.

Same thing every year on most of the brands. Extremely cold temps, lots of fine snow dust and freezing throttles, slipping belts and frozen carbs and or parts. Get a screen kit for the clutches and internal snow build up. Things will improve when the temps warm up and the snow starts to glom together better.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing every year on most of the brands. Extremely cold temps, lots of fine snow dust and freezing throttles, slipping belts and frozen carbs and or parts. Get a screen kit for the clutches and internal snow build up. Things will improve when the temps warm up and the snow starts to glom together better.
Ya the temp was not faverable but my other sleds ran good with carb heaters on. Filled it up going thru town 36.9kms and 32liters of fuel and 16k was idleing around at home hope it gets better and to top it off lost the ramp to my Newman sled trailer after the flue for 3 days.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the temp was not faverable but my other sleds ran good with carb heaters on. Filled it up going thru town 36.9kms and 32liters of fuel and 16k was idleing around at home hope it gets better and to top it off lost the ramp to my Newman sled trailer after the flue for 3 days.
37 kms and 32 liters? You may have another issue then. I would have your dealer look at it. Something is telling the ECU to feed it way to much fuel.

Top Bottom