new helmet?

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting a new helmet this year...Fox V3, 509, Klim, Fly....etc ...want a light weight one...whats good? leaning towards the V3

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim is sweet, two visors and spare hardware, interchangeable liners for venting and non venting, carrying bag, feels great for fit but it is expensive and not overly light or heavy, not sure of the one I tried at the sled show but it was carbon and in the 3-400$ range and super light, got my klim off eBay for under $200 though

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went with a one industries hangover. it's fairly light, and the opening fit's most goggles.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try them on and buy which one fits the best. I have a failry big head so many don't fit me well including Klim, Fox, HJC and a bunch other. Fly "lite" fit me very well so I bought it about 4 yrs ago and it's been great and very light for a very good price. I think Fly is an underrated brand out there. I tried on the 509 at the sled show and it fits real well on me. My next helmet will be Fly or 509.

inside

Reaction score
I bought a klim one because it was the only one that I could find that was big enough, really like it comes with extras including the price.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a oneil carbon helmet for years.....tried a klim didnt like the weight....havent tried a 509 or fly...

shavedtree

Reaction score
Im wearing a TLD Air. It fits me well and i find it comfortable which is key. diffinatly try on different helmets and choose the one that fits YOU the best.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a new HJC for around $120 this year, came with a storage bag also. One of the lightest helmets I could find out there. My old HJC treated me right over the last many seasons. All black, matte finish, like a dime a dozen out there, but couldnt resist for the price/fit for me.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there all pretty good its really which graphics you prefer the most.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like mentioned above i had bought a 509 helmet for sled show. its an awesome light weight helmet. fits really nice. anything was better then the heavy POS o'neal helmet last season

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 helmet sounds like a good one...havent really read any major complaints....prob try that one......which goggles are good sinisters or aviators?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Fox helmet last year.. "All checked out" Great helmet, fits nice cool graphics.. I also have an HJC that's lasted me for years, as a back up helmet and one my kids abuse. The 509 helmets are nice and very popular in the store. There is a brand we started carrying that kind of took me by surprise. EVS helmets. When I held them they were extremely light.. cool mat graphics.. seemed to me like an expensive helmet. Nope, under 200.00 Check them out. I've not ever used one so I can't attest to the feel of it. Just seems like a good helmet reasonably priced.

goldenboys

Reaction score
I just got the 509 evolution with aviators. WOW. nice combo. Air Tight around the goggles too. No air blasting the cheeks.

go green

Reaction score
I got the BRP carbon fiber . I liked it better than the Klim because the goggle area and nose block off partition was softer and fit my face better .

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
due to glasses,I cant wear most full faced,but bought a HJC modular w heated shield from Yamaha dealer here few yrs ago,not bad in cold weather,but still wear my open face in nice weather.

Top Bottom