New Denver BC

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for information on the riding areas. Any feedback +/-. 30 of us heading there on the 15th of March. Anyone know any local guides?

Thanks in advance,
Wizzy

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for searching this section, but I believe you are in the wrong section still. New Denver is more south of Revelstoke, but will probably be considered Kootneys. That is where you'd like to make this post.

I've never sledded there, however I LOVE that area in the summer. I've been going out there on my sport bike for almost 10 years and always meet great people and have a good time. It's not a "party" place, but laid back, good local people, and other tourists with the off the beaten path attitude. Most of which are also motorcyclists. I'm not sure if it's the type of person that goes out there, or the attitude changes, but once on the 3A, it seems it doesn't matter what you ride, you are part of the group. The city attitude is gone and everybody has a great time.

From what I seen, the similar attitude applied to Castelgar when we were there over X-mas visiting a buddy. Really nice people and it didn't matter what you rode, or what gear you had. We all had a great time in wicked conditions!

That being said (and possibly not needed), check out Trout Lake. I think it's within an hour or two of Nakusp, but you may be able to get up there via backroads.

bailer

Reaction score
Hahaha, you're right about sport bike heaven. I happened upon New Denver and the route to the east, 31a by memory, by chance last summer. I will definitely be back this coming summer. All curves and no traffic.:)

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I also posted the same over in the Golden section but no reply. Doesn't seem many people have riden this area. Hope it's good! I will post my experience when I get back from the trip.

Top Bottom