New Cat Platform

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s everyone speculating the engine options will be?

I’m guessing a turbo 800. It would be kind of neat if they said fuk it and went 700 and a 900, turbo and N/A… might as well think outside the box.

If Cat wants to peak and capitalize on the interests of buyers they’d make sure that not only are their engine options different but also surpass both Doo and Polaris in the HP department.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a minute, Cat is still in business? If they indeed did have something new coming, but nothing released during snow check. I wonder what year it will even hit the snow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a minute, Cat is still in business? If they indeed did have something new coming, but nothing released during snow check. I wonder what year it will even hit the snow?

It is unusual marketing. Usually you want to capitalize on the spring selling season and get some hard sales. If they are going to wait till next spring to take orders that gives Doo and Poo time to react somewhat. They could have a great sales season in the fall as Poo and Doo probably won’t have any amount of in season models to sell but I’d be surprised they are building units right now. It’s good for the Cat faithful though as it gives them something to hang their hats on.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But like Maxwell says “ those that know don’t say, and the ones that say, don’t know. “ but a reliable source said 880.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
880. No turbo.

For a 800, that cat engine worked well. If the engine gets a displacement bump that would be nice on a potential lighter chassis. Hopefully a twin rail 3.5” pitch alpha style track is in the works. Finally something new for the cat crew.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is unusual marketing. Usually you want to capitalize on the spring selling season and get some hard sales. If they are going to wait till next spring to take orders that gives Doo and Poo time to react somewhat. They could have a great sales season in the fall as Poo and Doo probably won’t have any amount of in season models to sell but I’d be surprised they are building units right now. It’s good for the Cat faithful though as it gives them something to hang their hats on.
I bet they do a mid season release like they did on the early 18 cats

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New chassis name. BETA

Alpha, Beta.. etc... Beta also means:

• a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.

Reactions: RXN

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New chassis name. BETA

Alpha, Beta.. etc... Beta also means:

• a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.

oh, that's just an extension of a joke but it was SkiDoo who had the Beta name...

the A,B,C's of snowmobiling;
Arctic Cat - - ALPHA
SkiDoo - - - BETA
Polaris - - - CRAP

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The release makes sense to me. They wanted to clear up supply chain issues by not doing a snowcheck release this spring but also want customers to know something new is coming without keeping it under wraps until Feb release. Probably see some demos on the snow this winter and hopefully some demo ride opportunities. Cats biggest market seems to be the midwest riders on the riot sleds so haydays is a good fit close to the factory too.

Top Bottom