Need recommendation for LED solid mount light

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I have an aftermarket hood on my 16 xm. It has no headlight so I need to get an led and mount it on the bars.
I am looking for your experience and recommendations. I have a frankensled helmet mount and I also want a sled mounted light. Thanks in advance.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the diamond s hood on my 15 xm
I decided to go with a mountain bike LED light that straps to the handle bars when needed. I was worried about breaking the led light off the bars when I rolled the sled.
It has a battery pack but that always seemed to get forgotten so I bought the connector from doo for the accessory plug, it has the same connector as a heated visor.
its really bright and you can get them off ebay for 60-100 depending on what your looking for in terms of lumes

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket hood on my 16 xm. It has no headlight so I need to get an led and mount it on the bars.
I am looking for your experience and recommendations. I have a frankensled helmet mount and I also want a sled mounted light. Thanks in advance.

My personal suggestion would be to go with a rigid led light that you mount to your hood. Anyone who has ever side hilled at night with a light on the bars should be able to tell you that light shining in the opposite direction of where your are going/looking is useless. Look into one of these: SKINZ PROTECTIVE GEAR
let U.S. Know what you decide on.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would highly advise before spending the money and doing the changes to talk to your dealer first.
Generally it is not advisable to run your motor without a headlight for a long period of time, this can eventually lead to stator failure. The current generated by the stator needs to be discharged and when the head light is removed the current has no where to go other then short out through the stator or regulator which eventually will damage it.
Most of the time to do a head light delete will require you to run a resistor in the head light circuit to prevent damage. Unless you run an LED light capable of putting enough load on the circuit. I would definitely check with the dealer first.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would highly advise before spending the money and doing the changes to talk to your dealer first.
Generally it is not advisable to run your motor without a headlight for a long period of time, this can eventually lead to stator failure. The current generated by the stator needs to be discharged and when the head light is removed the current has no where to go other then short out through the stator or regulator which eventually will damage it.
Most of the time to do a head light delete will require you to run a resistor in the head light circuit to prevent damage. Unless you run an LED light capable of putting enough load on the circuit. I would definitely check with the dealer first.

Doesn't matter.

Top Bottom