Night riding this season

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an x1000 for my helmet - didn't want to add anymore weight to my helmet - so I built this 2500 lumen gopro chest mount led light setup for night rides - powered off the sled - mounted them vertical because they seemed to bounce less - still in early r&d stages - I'm 6'2" so they have alot of clearance above the sled
iMarkup_20211115_194714.jpg

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us know how they work. Where did you wire them in to?
I had my heated glovebox powered off of the doo rca plug - wired the glovebox to be on all the time when sled is running - lights are powered off of the rca now - if I fall off the sled the rca will pull out

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 90 degree extension is so it pulls apart under an inline tension - and the 90 degree end is so it clears the headlight switch relocate - if there were more night riders in the world I would try to patent it - the cost of patenting sh*t is expensive
20211119_104640.jpg

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a ton of night riders, and 95 % of them are done with being tethered with power cord from the lead dog days. Once you go to a decent battery powered helmet light, you will ditch the cord (or not replace it after it goes through the track for second time.)

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a ton of night riders, and 95 % of them are done with being tethered with power cord from the lead dog days. Once you go to a decent battery powered helmet light, you will ditch the cord (or not replace it after it goes through the track for second time.)
I didn't want 3 x1000's on my helmet - 1 x1000 on the helmet is enough for my liking - I'll give the bright nipples a go - was super cheap to build - if it gets destroyed I won't care - I met a few pro riders that run a bigger brighter tethered setup with magnetic power source disconnects - didn't want anything mounted on my bars either

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im guessing you will end up with a couple revisions then possibly start a fad where they are build into the jackets. Now were talking, using the batteries from the heated vest to run the lights. :cool:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im guessing you will end up with a couple revisions then possibly start a fad where they are build into the jackets. Now were talking, using the batteries from the heated vest to run the lights. :cool:
That would be sweet - gotta advance with the times right

Top Bottom