LED pods for reverse lights

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Who here has put LED pods on the rear of their pickups for reverse lights? I really don't know why factory reverse lights have to suck so bad and really want to do something better.

2013 ram 3500 want to wire them up so that they come on when truck put into reverse but would not be opposed to wiring them to a switch either.......

Cut them into the bumper? Or mount them below?

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2014 Ram I have pods bolted to the sides of the receiver mount on either side of the spare tire. Far enough in to be invisible walking around the truck but still light up the road great at night. Connected to the reverse wire in the trailer harness.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shouldn't be a problem Tyler I mounted them on the back bumper of my holiday trailer just for that reason great for backing up in the dark

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup , mounted flush mounts into my center of back bumper , kinda faces crossed , best thing I did , can see great backing up even if dirty

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flush mount them to your bumper and then put a 3 way switch in on-off-on. Then you can wire up one side of the switch for on when in reverse or the other side just on for when you need to do something behind the truck but cannot leave it in reverse... Use some artic flex wire to run from the front of your truck to the back will make a nice clean job and give you all the wires you need in 1 place.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flush mount them to your bumper and then put a 3 way switch in on-off-on. Then you can wire up one side of the switch for on when in reverse or the other side just on for when you need to do something behind the truck but cannot leave it in reverse... Use some artic flex wire to run from the front of your truck to the back will make a nice clean job and give you all the wires you need in 1 place.
Did you go from the battery to a relay to lights?

Happen to have a one line?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wired mine into the trailer back up lights ckt

Kinda wished I switched them too for the azz hats with high beams on

The new vehicles with auto high beams , come on too soon with vehicle too close I find

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have flush mounts in my bumper, should have done it years ago it is so nice. I just tied into my backup wiring on the 7 pin trailer connector.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket bumper and it has flush light mounts built in. Looks slick.

Bulletproof bumpers out.of Red Deer

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have them on my truck. Bumper was cut out to accept the flush mounts. They are wired to a switch though, because they wash out the backup camera which can be a bit annoying when you're hooking up to a trailer. It's also nice to flip them on when you're connecting a trailer in the dark or loading a sled.
20220918_104226.jpg

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was watching a early rerun of Diesel Brothers the other night and they were doing a ram truck that sure looked like it had a LED spot/flood mounted right inside the stock location in the tail light. Been looking online and i have found the similar images but non of them ever had a manufacturer name attached to them..

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was watching a early rerun of Diesel Brothers the other night and they were doing a ram truck that sure looked like it had a LED spot/flood mounted right inside the stock location in the tail light. Been looking online and i have found the similar images but non of them ever had a manufacturer name attached to them..
Have a picture of what you're talking about?

Top Bottom