Need help with tires.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decided to go with an 09 grizzly 700 and I'm undecided on what tires to put on, they will be 27" either the;

Mud bugs
Zillas
Big horns

I'm going to be doing a lot of trail riding but I want something that will hold up in the mud with my buddies. Best option??

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what your riding. If its casual trail riding you don't need a mud tire, in which case I suggest BigHorns.

If your mudding then get the 'Zilla's

If you want to go all out in all the muskeg there is and completely burry your bike then you might want to look into some OutLaws or Silverbacks.

Check out RapidRevolutions for a great deal on tires and rims. I got my 'Zilla's on 14" 312's for 1000 bucks with chrome lugnuts, mounted etc.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what your riding. If its casual trail riding you don't need a mud tire, in which case I suggest BigHorns.

If your mudding then get the 'Zilla's

If you want to go all out in all the muskeg there is and completely burry your bike then you might want to look into some OutLaws or Silverbacks.

Check out RapidRevolutions for a great deal on tires and rims. I got my 'Zilla's on 14" 312's for 1000 bucks with chrome lugnuts, mounted etc.

x2

All three are good, I just got zillas for my rzr but the bugs would have been good as well. Don't think I'd have been happy with the horns, not the best for mud but good for trail, rock, and sand.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got mudbugs on my 800 and I can clean out a mod bog in minutes, of course I get a little dirty (a lot) but isn't that the point?. They do tend to rattle a bit when you are driving on hard pack. Eh, what are gonna do? :)

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, probably going to put on Machined SS 212's but what size would you recommend? 14 or 12? and what width front and back?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, probably going to put on Machined SS 212's but what size would you recommend? 14 or 12? and what width front and back?

biggest benefit to a 14" is the increased room around your axle that alows all the chit and debris to fly off instead of packing up and ripping the cv boots.
second it looks cool....lol

12" gives you a better ride as there is more sidewall, and the tires are abit cheaper. if it was me i would be all over the 14 even though it may cost you and xtra..200 or so to go up..with rims and tires the benefits are worth it..imo

T

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'm thinking 27" zillas on 14" SS 212's. What width of tire do I need front and back? Last question I believe.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the other benefit to a 14" rim is its alot harder to break the bead. I think your making a very good choice with the tires and rims:thumbsup2:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
12" on back, 10" on front.

Make sure the offset of the rims are enough to keep the tires a little to the outside of the fenders so you don't hook fenders on the trees.

Top Bottom