My turbo build

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This summer I bought a used 2009 Boondocker TM8 with a D&D 901 kit. It was in seriously rough condition and we had to do a TON of work to it! But thanks to my wonderful husband and his dedication it's almost finished!!!

-swapped out hood with custom graphics, HMP seat, 156' Camo Extreme track, Mod Rod vents from my old sled
-installed Diamond Lite drive case and hi-torq gear set
-rebuilt top end (new 900 pistons and cylinder honing)
-installed A/F, Koso and Boost guages
-custom made guage bracket
-replaced all bearings
-installed extra vents from Mod Rods
-Guage cage
-straightened bent stuff :rolleyes:
-Organize wiring
-New sliders

Before pics:

100_4931.jpg 100_4932.jpg 100_4933.jpg 100_4934.jpg 100_4935.jpg 100_4944.jpg 100_4936.jpg

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
How do you like your 156" track? I just bought one. How did you make it fit with 153" rails? Bigger wheels or did you manage to have enough room?

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like your 156" track? I just bought one. How did you make it fit with 153" rails? Bigger wheels or did you manage to have enough room?

I love it!! I was never a fan of the powerclaw track so I upgraded right away and didn't look back. It hooks up so well, especially in the hard pack. It fits with the 153 rails and I have the tensioners almost at the back and still have good track tension. No change in wheels. Got the track from Curtis at Tracks Canada he is super good to deal with.

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I love it!! I was never a fan of the powerclaw track so I upgraded right away and didn't look back. It hooks up so well, especially in the hard pack. It fits with the 153 rails and I have the tensioners almost at the back and still have good track tension. No change in wheels. Got the track from Curtis at Tracks Canada he is super good to deal with.

That's good to hear, i bought a used 156" camo extreme that i'm going to be putting on my new build. 156" firecat turbo drop and roll chaincase, VA tunnel titanium front arms ect ect.. lol One other question, how did you work out your Air Fuel gauge? I only have AC current on my accessory plugs on my firecat, and my gauge won't run off of AC.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, that thing is going to go like a freakin' rocket!!!! I had an 2003 F7 and when drag racing no one could beat it!!! LOL

I have an extra power outlet installed to run the A/F

Top Bottom