My turbo pro build

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanted to share my build with you. Pretty happy with how it's coming along, parts have been showing up on my doorstep so often I'm on a first name basis with the mail lady lol. So last year I got sick of dealing with issues with my turbo arctic cat and pulled the trigger on a new 2014 pro 163 non es. Over the Summer I've been stock piling parts. Here's my build. Will update with pics as I go. The sleds currently getting a 3" track and drivers swap, so once I get it back in my garage the progress will pick up.

2015 boondocker turbo kit spring ordered.
garret gtx 2863 turbo
water to air intercooler (interested to see how this is going to work)
ebc and boonie box
camo x3 163x3" track
avid 7t drivers
ratsled rear bumper
polaris ultimate front bumper
tv racing boards
full turn key kmod skid with raptor shocks
alternative impact 36" a arms
front raptor shocks
rsi 10* handlebar kit
3m 1080 carbon fibre tunnel wrap
custom wrap from Spiralus
RSI seat cover
and a whole bunch of powder coating.

Have some other customization mods I'm doing I'm not going to share yet, but it's going to be the very first time I've seen or heard anyone do to a sled. So stay tuned ;)

Wanna give a couple shout outs to a few people for making this a very simple process

thanks to neil @ boost it for hooking me up with a track, drivers, and a few other knick knacks, best price I could find in Alberta.

Thanks to marc @ Spiralus designs for making a killer wrap, got it in the mail today Marc, looks awesome! Awesome guy to work with, would definitely recommend him!

Thanks to four seasons Powersports in fort Mac for the turbo kit, and for the awesome customer service and support, can't wait for it to show up!

Thanks to Kevin @ kmod, awesome guy to talk to on the phone, quality skid and shipping was surprisingly fast for something that big coming from the states.

Biggest thanks will will be going out to looneyrod27 who will be helping me with the build, installing the turbo and probably cursing on me along the way lol.

Bring on the snow!

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome man. Sounds like you have it sorted out. Looking forward to the pics and hidden mods.

DV-ENT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW... Looks like Christmas has come early for you. Lol sounds like it's going to be a beautiful sled, be sure and get those pics up ASAP. Good luck with the build!

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great build! Excited to hear what you think of the water to air set up from boondocker. A couple suggestions as I ran a similar set up last year. A boost it motor stop is good, cheap insurance on a boosted application. They are the only ones I know that make a mag side motor stop which in IMO is where the most deflection occurs. Also, last year I ran a team tied secondary which almost doubled the belt life and is a way smoother clutch set up all around especially on the back shift (no more clanking). On this years build I'm also going to try the blow hole venting system to see if I can extend the belt life out further. Go luck, post pictures!

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great build! Excited to hear what you think of the water to air set up from boondocker. A couple suggestions as I ran a similar set up last year. A boost it motor stop is good, cheap insurance on a boosted application. They are the only ones I know that make a mag side motor stop which in IMO is where the most deflection occurs. Also, last year I ran a team tied secondary which almost doubled the belt life and is a way smoother clutch set up all around especially on the back shift (no more clanking). On this years build I'm also going to try the blow hole venting system to see if I can extend the belt life out further. Go luck, post pictures!

Thanks for the tips! What setup were you running in your team secondary? Helix/spring I mean . How many miles were you averaging on a team clutch compared to a stock pro secondary? This is my first boosted pro so I'm not familiar with some of these issues.

Totally spaced on the motor stop, I'll order one up.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running a straight 63 helix and a 180/300 spring. Last year I went through 3 belts in a little over 700miles. Before the clutch and gear down (ran a camo x3 with 7 tooth drivers) I could trash a properly broken in belt in under a day.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the belt thing
That blow hole works
I could trash a broken in belt less than 300 miles. Went all last season on same belt and I was harder on it IMHO
Impressed with the blow hole for sure. Also a good goggle defogger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the belt thing
That blow hole works
I could trash a broken in belt less than 300 miles. Went all last season on same belt and I was harder on it IMHO
Impressed with the blow hole for sure. Also a good goggle defogger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheres the best place to pick up one of those blow holes?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's see some pics & details of the oiling system and w2a!

Will definitely be posting pics as the build progresses. Turbo kit still hasn't been shipped out yet. According to my local Polaris dealer, a boondocker representative called and asked what colour powdercoating did they want on the kits, so I'm hoping it's gonna be shipped out soon.

No new updates as of right now. I'm still waiting for everything to get back from powder coating in Edmonton before I can actually start posting progress pics.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how quiet is that muffler...looks really good

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Kyle did not want to take away from your build just wanted to show you some pics. I can answer any questions on the 174x3 thread please keep Kyle's build on track thanks Chris.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally have everything I need to start this thing. Lots of updates over the next week or so I say. Got my kmod skid, boards, seat bracket, spindles, handlebars, front and rear bumpers all powdercoated candy blue. Gotta say, I love how it turned out. Once I had it all unpacked and started assembling my skid I realized I'm a huge idiot, and powdercoated a few cross shafts that wasn't supposed to be coated so I have a few things to strip tonight to finish assembly. Once that's done I'll get it under the sled and focus on the tunnel wrap and sled wrap. This is shaping up to be a nice build !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More progress tonight. Track, drivers and skid are done. As well as the new RSI handlebar kit. Tackling the carbon fibre tunnel wrap tomorrow night. Any tips wouldn't go astray lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 441
Top Bottom