My experience with the Tesla Model 3

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a few lineups in Vancouver last week of people waiting to juice up with their Tesla’s and other electric mobiles lol. Looked fun in 28 degree sun sitting there

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will take several days waiting in linups to charge once our Turd bans our gas cars.
It kinda sounds like that the plan. Everyone will have an electric vehicle, but you won’t be able to charge it so you won’t be able to travel, or live in a rural area, so you might as well move to a big city.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 240694 All the Teslas in Hope, stuck waiting 2.5 hours for a charger to keep going on the highway. Too bad they can't just store a Jerry can in their trunk to fill up.
🤣
🤣
THIS WAS JUST COPIED OFF FACEBOOK....
I wonder what happened to the 7 minute supercharging? This picture pretty much sums up the future of electric vehicles. Right now about 2% of the vehicles on the road are electric…..imagine 2035 when all light vehicles are supposed to be electric, or 50 times the number now…..if a guy was entrepreneurially inclined he’d lock down the rights to food concessions at all Tesla charging stations….captive customer base….

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eventually private business will enter the EV charging market en masse. The current system is clunky and unrefined, much in the same way early car owners bought gasoline at a pharmacy.

IMO I think it would be a decent business plan, especially in a stopping point between major centers like Red Deer, Whitecourt, Revelstoke, etc. Just too bad Tesla won't sell the Superchargers to private businesses, this would expand the charging network a lot faster.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to the 7 minute supercharging? This picture pretty much sums up the future of electric vehicles. Right now about 2% of the vehicles on the road are electric…..imagine 2035 when all light vehicles are supposed to be electric, or 50 times the number now…..if a guy was entrepreneurially inclined he’d lock down the rights to food concessions at all Tesla charging stations….captive customer base….
I googled it and apparently no one has ever had to wait in line at a gas station for a cheap and instant fill.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 6.17.03 AM.png

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like having a positive experience about anything is all about staying ahead of the crowd. Anything we enjoy can be destroyed if everyone else is doing it. This is a very good time to have an electric vehicle. No road tax, empty chargers (in most cases), parking only second tier to handicaps, government incentives and relatively cheap to operate. I hope this can evolve to be attractive from more than just the idea of being green as that may not sell everybody. Those that scoff at the carbon footprint can't argue with the torque, speed and low maintenance that is offered with this technology. Just 5 years ago I said that e-bikes were a joke, now I wouldn't mind having one. That said, if the government starts demanding registration, insurance, helmets and a drivers license on such a bicycle, I'm out.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a more detailed explanation for those that care to do more than read headlines:

So the commision cannot even keep their website up to date and his solution is have a friend from a different state by a computer for you and ship it to you. But that shows you they do not even have enough power to run computers let alone tesla cars ....wonder if the tesla computer is compliant?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the commision cannot even keep their website up to date and his solution is have a friend from a different state by a computer for you and ship it to you. But that shows you they do not even have enough power to run computers let alone tesla cars ....wonder if the tesla computer is compliant?

It's about reducing idle/hibernation power consumption on PCs in the name of conservation. Some manufacturers can't/aren't willing to meet these new regulations.

I'm not sure how you can cite this regulation to then infer there is not enough power to charge an EV.

Does that mean that because the government required led light bulbs 10 years back that I don't have enough power to run my central AC unit? No, it means there are ways to conserve energy and regulators are enacting regulation to get society to reduce consumption in areas where it is feasible.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try watching the video you posted.... at least i did. And he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, it was painful.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Explained what? They banned these PC.. end of story. He said if you want get one get your friend to buy one for you and ship it to you... or build your own. He did not have a clue about power supplies. You never did answer my question.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eventually private business will enter the EV charging market en masse. The current system is clunky and unrefined, much in the same way early car owners bought gasoline at a pharmacy.

IMO I think it would be a decent business plan, especially in a stopping point between major centers like Red Deer, Whitecourt, Revelstoke, etc. Just too bad Tesla won't sell the Superchargers to private businesses, this would expand the charging network a lot faster.

It’s not even close to how it was when cars were first introduced. Back then only the rich and wealthy could afford said vehicle making vehicle owners a very small percentage of population so although it was tough to get gasoline or distillate for your automobile it wasn’t in super high demand either. Even 20-30 years past the first vehicle most families could only afford 1 car if they could even afford one and it was probably a well used one from a neighbor or relative that wasn’t going far and gonna need gas for a long drive.Now every Trudeau voting green energy bum humping libtard can afford vehicles. 10-12 year financing on vehicles is a reality, economic wealth re-distribution is happening, and all the undeserving lazy idiots will make enough from free money equalizing communist programs to buy a little electric tampon on wheels. The worst part is it’s all gonna be forced to happen in the next 14 years instead of gradually being able to become better and more of a user friendly alternative like ICE automobiles. And then mister lithium supporter answer me this. When they make taxes on operating an ICE vehicle so unaffordable that nobody can keep theirs on the road where do all these vehicles go? Scrap, garbage, stored out in fields? It’s gonna be like the worst garbage scrap farm out in hillbilly nowhere you’ve ever seen, except it will be everywhere.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Explained what? They banned these PC.. end of story. He said if you want get one get your friend to buy one for you and ship it to you... or build your own. He did not have a clue about power supplies. You never did answer my question.

If he thinks that moron explains things it really makes sense why he supports his lithium powered garbage. Lights on from green energy but nobody is home to use it lol. The real pandemic in the world is stupidity and he has a bad case of it.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you actually watched the video as you claim you'd understand this applies to PCs and not the autonomous driving computer in a Tesla.

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s not even close to how it was when cars were first introduced. Back then only the rich and wealthy could afford said vehicle making vehicle owners a very small percentage of population so although it was tough to get gasoline or distillate for your automobile it wasn’t in super high demand either. Even 20-30 years past the first vehicle most families could only afford 1 car if they could even afford one and it was probably a well used one from a neighbor or relative that wasn’t going far and gonna need gas for a long drive.Now every Trudeau voting green energy bum humping libtard can afford vehicles. 10-12 year financing on vehicles is a reality, economic wealth re-distribution is happening, and all the undeserving lazy idiots will make enough from free money equalizing communist programs to buy a little electric tampon on wheels. The worst part is it’s all gonna be forced to happen in the next 14 years instead of gradually being able to become better and more of a user friendly alternative like ICE automobiles. And then mister lithium supporter answer me this. When they make taxes on operating an ICE vehicle so unaffordable that nobody can keep theirs on the road where do all these vehicles go? Scrap, garbage, stored out in fields? It’s gonna be like the worst garbage scrap farm out in hillbilly nowhere you’ve ever seen, except it will be everywhere.

Do you have any factual evidence to support anything you wrote in your angry rant?

Where does one get a 12 year auto loan? Or should we call it a mortgage?

Top Bottom