Muskoka Freerider

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least you didnt have to double someone out. Thats why you get a new sled, so you have something reliable...

Wtf polaris
My biggest fear as I get older is doubling out from one of the far back areas I ride lol
In theory, best way to avoid that is new iron.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh for sure but he must be doing good to have that much sled power laying around.

Matt doesn’t have any skin in the construction game. He said on his video when they got the new jd hoe and head/attachments he’s just an employee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt doesn’t have any skin in the construction game. He said on his video when they got the new jd hoe and head/attachments he’s just an employee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dad's the boss though.
1000010887.jpg

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Primary flew out the door?
Bingo! Bolt broke just like in muskokas vid. Half of the primary stayed on the crank.
At least it happened on the first climb of the day not far from the trail. We dumped it in the parking lot and he took out the doo for the rest of the day.
Sled was brand new 2 weeks a go and has a little over 1000k on it. Bolt was retorqued last week. They're on backorder....
This is the third poo clutch problem for someone in our group this season.

Last edited:

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ they missed the boat on the internet tip to remove the broken bolt, you start the sled and let it idle you don't but it in reverse and it will walk right out. I have did it on the hill with and 800 and 850 also in the garage on a 800.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^ they missed the boat on the internet tip to remove the broken bolt, you start the sled and let it idle you don't but it in reverse and it will walk right out. I have did it on the hill with and 800 and 850 also in the garage on a 800.
If you don't put it in reverse it should tighten? I assume the mass of the bolt is following the crank and would want to screw in more?
Please clarify.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would think so but it has worked every time for me by starting it and letting it idle on a 2017, and 2018 800 and a 22 boost.

FanaticalKilla

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't put it in reverse it should tighten? I assume the mass of the bolt is following the crank and would want to screw in more?
Please clarify.
When bolts break they usually wont go in any further because the threads are damaged and won't thread in easily any further.

Top Bottom